Emery & Garrett Groundwater Investigations (EGGI), a Division of GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. (GZA) is currently seeking a Mid-Level Hydrogeologist to support our hydrogeologic investigations and groundwater exploration practice in Meredith, NH. Qualified candidates must have a strong academic record, including geology and quantitative hydrogeology skills, and a willingness to travel and work in the field.
As a Mid-level Hydrogeologist you will work with a fast-paced team of Scientists, Project Managers, and Principals. Our close-knit culture here at EGGI/GZA will allow you to work on challenging projects and grow professionally. You will be mentored by seasoned professionals, who will in turn look to you to share technical knowledge and ideas. Our success relies on this collaborative environment.
- Ability to work on and potentially manage multiple groundwater exploration projects simultaneously
- Willingness to work in a wide variety of geologic settings (glaciated, piedmont, karst, coastal plain, etc.)
- Travel along the U.S. Eastern Seaboard
- Bedrock geologic mapping
- Conduct remote sensing/lineament analysis
- Log wells
- Conduct or participate in geophysical surveys
- Conduct or participate in pumping tests
- Collection and water quality testing of groundwater samples
- Prepare reports, recommendations, plans, proposals, and schedules
- Master’s Degree in Geology or Hydrogeology is preferred but not required
- 5 years of related geologic experience is preferred but not required
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical capabilities
- Ability to follow directions, and work independently or in a team setting
- Strong communication skills, problem solving and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS and other common programs such as Word and Excel
- Professional state registration/licensure is a plus but not required
- Availability to work Monday through Friday and occasional evenings and weekends as necessary to meet project demands
- Have a valid driver’s license and ability to travel
At GZA, our team enjoys:
- Professional development and enrichment within a very dynamic team of highly skilled professionals
- Exciting work environment
- Diverse projects across 5 core services offer a range of career growth opportunities for those willing to learn new skills
- Generous, company-subsidized benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401K retirement plan
Our expectation of a strong candidate is having exposure or experience with many of the key responsibilities listed above and most importantly, the willingness to learn and be mentored to expand our hydrogeological practice.
GZA is an employee-owned multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm with a history of more than 50 years of providing innovative engineering solutions to improve the natural and built environment. We are an ENR Top 500 Design firm focused on geotechnical, environmental, water, ecological, and construction management services. With a staff of interrelated professionals dedicated to providing high-level expertise on complex projects above, below and at ground-level, GZA’s experts provide seamless integration across practice areas, client type, and location.
GZA values diversity and is committed to providing an accepting and inclusive work environment for all employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. GZA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital or veteran status, age or other protected status.