At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.Job DescriptionThe purpose of this position is to provide the essential administrative processes, technical knowledge, and perform the work listed.
This role has the responsibility to promote Fluor’s competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence.
This position supports the Area Lead or Lead on assigned projects or evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques to a medium set of moderately difficult assignments.
• Apply Cost Competitive Execution techniques to develop the most cost-effective total project solution for execution of the discipline engineering work
• Develop and review specifications, including design criteria
• Participate in activities associated with equipment and material procurement, permitting, and subcontracting
• Perform and check calculations, specify equipment, and solve moderate to complex engineering problems
• Review vendor equipment documentation within the discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Other duties as assignedNotice to Candidates:Background checks are carried out as part of any conditional offer made, including (but not limited to & role dependant) education, professional registration, employment, references, passport verifications and Global Watchlist screening.To be Considered Candidates:Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.Basic Job Requirements• Accredited four (4) year degree - Minimum BTech Civil Engineering, BEng Civil Engineering preferred
• Minimum 5 years experience in Civil and Structural Engineering
• Demonstrated knowledge of:
-Storm Water Management
-Reinforcement concrete design
-Platforms and earthworks designOther Job Requirements• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
• Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective mannerPreferred Qualifications• Professional registration
• Advanced knowledge of discipline codes and standards, commercial availability and cost of materials
• Demonstrated leadership and teamwork capabilities
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Advanced decision-making and problem-solving skills
• Ability to multitask effectively
• Strong computer and software skills to include the use of word processing, e-mail, spreadsheet and electronic presentation programsRequisition Number138023BRDiverse WorkforceWe are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.