Who is Michal Baker International? Why would I want to work there?Michael Baker International provides engineering and consulting services for government, private and commercial partners, assisting in planning, architectural, environmental, construction management, construction inspection and program management. Our employees demonstrate a world-class ability to solve complex problems. As a company, We Make a Difference!Why do we do what we do; why is it important?For most of us, it’s because it enables us to have a direct and meaningful impact on the communities and environment in which we live and serve. Across the span of our expertise and projects, our work transforms the world; enables economies; creates healthier and more engaging cities and neighborhoods; and the very infrastructure that sustains and improves our world. Simply stated, the work we do everyday matters. We Make a Difference every day with every engagement.So, what does a Construction Specialist at Michael Baker International do?As a part of our Construction Inspection Team, the Construction Specialist Project Manager will help ensure the construction of various types of buildings are performed and managed according to the plans and specifications. You will build and maintain relationships with the client managers. You will act as an agent of the client in dealing with contractors. You will be responsible to oversee the contractor activities and document the project details such as status meeting minutes, RFIs, submittals, construction schedules. You will evaluate the contractor’s schedule and compare it to the activities as they were performed. You may be required to perform as the client project manager as needed.Can you walk me through a typical day of a Construction Specialist Project Manager?
- The majority of your day would be spent working on a construction site or in an office environment.
- You will monitor contractor’s activities and document performance as part of evaluating the contractor’s schedule.
- You will run the project status meetings, including preparing the agenda and documenting the minutes.
- You will address the contractor’s Request for information (RFI), submittals, and the responses to these items.
- You will feel a sense of pride in knowing that you are helping to build critical transportation infrastructure in your area.
What can I expect for a career path, and where might this role take me?
- Michael Baker International is committed to the growth of our internal personnel and we support this effort with world class learning and development that leads to career advancement!
- Michael Baker International is very supportive in providing training to enhance personnel growth opportunity and salary. A major emphasis is to attain the professional engineering license and maintain and expand other certifications.
- A Construction Specialist will typically progress from a 1 to a Construction Specialist 2 as additional experience and skills are attained. As such, you will receive experience and gain job knowledge and become equipped with the tools to lead and mentor others. There are also many opportunities to advance or move laterally into other areas of interest within the business!
Could you be the Construction Specialist we are looking for?**Work location will be in Harrisburg, PA with a hybrid work from home schedule. Some time will be spent on job sites**
- You will need to have a valid driver’s license and personal transportation.
- 2 or more years of construction management experience is required.
- You will need computer skills to write reports, evaluate schedules, provided cost estimates and other calculations.
- English language skills, written and verbal, are required in this role.
- You will need to be able to traverse construction sites and be outdoors in various climates.
- Most work is anticipated during regular business except when special circumstances arise.
- You will need the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and the ability to read and interpret plans and specifications.
- It would be a plus if you had the following: Professional Engineer, Engineer in Training, PMP
CompensationThe salary range for this position is $72,207 – $108,335. This will be dependent on the experience and expertise of the incoming candidate.BenefitsWe offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life, AD&D, short-term, and long-term disability
- Maternity and Paternity benefits
- Professional and personal development
- Generous paid time off
- Commuter and wellness benefits
Michael Baker International, a leading provider of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management, has been solving some of the world’s most complex infrastructure challenges for more than 80 years with a legacy of expertise, experience, innovation and integrity.
Based in Pittsburgh and with nearly 100 offices nationwide, we partner with clients on everything from roads, bridges, tunnels, mass transit, and airports, to water treatment plants, arctic oil pipelines, environmental restoration and specialized overseas construction. We serve as a trusted adviser to the communities we serve, making them safer, more accessible, more sustainable and more prosperous.
We provide visionary leadership in facilitating transformational change for our clients. Our work delivers differentiating innovations and dedicated experts who challenge the status quo and share a world of diverse experience and an impassioned entrepreneurial spirit. We deliver quality of life.
We Make a Difference.
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. As a covered federal contractor, Michael Baker International is required to comply with Executive Order 14042, Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, and its implementing guidelines. If the federal vaccine mandate is found to be valid and enforceable, this will include ensuring that all covered employees are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, except in limited circumstances where there is a legal entitlement to an accommodate. In addition, you may be subject to current or future state or local COVID-19 vaccine mandates that could become a condition of your employment based upon your work location or involvement on a project. Accordingly, Michael Baker encourages you to provide satisfactory proof that you are "fully vaccinated" for COVID-19 so as to ensure compliance with any potential applicable federal, state, or local laws. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.