Location: Lone Tree, CO, US Denver, CO, USRequisition ID: 159301 Job Level: Entry Level Home District/Group: Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers Department: Design Engineering Market: Transportation Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering (KIE) has an opening for a dynamic Entry-Level Geotechnical Engineer in our growing Geotechnical Group. You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, rail, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects. #LI-JANUP
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs, and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support. Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process lead to safe, cost-effective, and innovative designs that exceed client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence. On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This position will be based out of our Regional Headquarters in Denver (Lone Tree), CO.
In this role, you will utilize geotechnical engineering knowledge under the direction of an experienced Geotechnical Engineer to complete technical engineering assignments in support of Kiewit Corporation business, including:
- Providing project support during the proposal/bid phase; working with team members to complete engineering analyses in support of innovative and cost-effective design solutions to geotechnical problems and challenges.
- Working on design-build and EPC projects, including developing design recommendations and producing design deliverables.
- Performing and overseeing subsurface investigations, field testing, and construction oversight.
- Producing engineering reports, drawings, and detailed calculation packages.
- Master’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Geotechnical Engineering or closely related field- highly preferred.
- 0-3 years of post-graduate geotechnical engineering experience.
- Passed the FE/EIT examination in the United States
- Strong all-around academic knowledge of geotechnical engineering, including soil mechanics, rock mechanics, groundwater hydrology, and geotechnical design to support heavy civil construction.
- Experience in any of the following aspects of geotechnical engineering is desired but not required: design of deep or shallow foundations, slope stability, seismic engineering, retaining wall design, rock mechanics, settlement of compressible soils, ground improvement techniques, support of excavation, dewatering, pile driving analysis, heavy equipment and crane working surface design, subsurface exploration, laboratory testing programs, and on-site engineering support.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to work in a team setting.
- Strong interpersonal skills resulting in exceptional rapport with people.
- Ability to travel to project sites and the physical ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environmental conditions. #LI-JANUP
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
Base Compensation: $52,000 - $78,000
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.