Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, renewable energy producers, energy companies, corporations, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work. Consistently ranked among the top ten “Best Firms to Work For” and Engineering News-Record’s top 50 firms worldwide, Langan attracts and retains the best talent in the industry. Employees thrive at Langan, a firm that embraces and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion; prioritizes wellbeing, health and safety; encourages volunteerism and philanthropy; offers workplace flexibility, along with carbon neutral office spaces; and empowers individuals to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions.
Langan is seeking a Geotechnical Field Technician to join its collaborative team in the Salt Lake City area. This individual will serve a key function in providing field work and inspections as it relates to logging of borings and test pits, earthwork, shallow foundations, ground improvement and deep foundations. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with top industry leadership on exciting projects in a rapidly growing region.
- Perform field inspections as it relates to logging of borings and test pits, earthwork, shallow foundations, ground improvement and deep foundations (i.e., augercast piles, driven piles or drilled shafts);
- Prepare daily field inspection reports and ensure data sheets are accurate and up-to-date;
- Oversee and document residential grout monitoring for sinkhole remediation projects;
- Install and maintain seismograph vibration monitors and download data; assist with pre-construction conditions documentation; assist with preparation of monitoring reports;
- Maintain field equipment; troubleshoot as necessary; and
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Associate’s degree in Engineering Technology, Construction Management, or related field preferred; equivalent experience will be considered;
- 2+ years’ related geotechnical field technician experience is preferred;
- Construction or technology related experience preferred (i.e., logging of borings, foundation subgrade/bearing zone inspection, earthwork and Nuclear Gauge certification);
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment;
- Reliable transportation to access job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing; and
- Ability to spend 100% of their work hours in the field.
Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement. Langan offers employee resource groups; flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; and much more! Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment is a key to our success.
Nearest Major Market: Salt Lake CityApply now »