Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, renewable energy producers, energy companies, corporations, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work. Consistently ranked among the top ten “Best Firms to Work For” and Engineering News-Record’s top 50 firms worldwide, Langan attracts and retains the best talent in the industry. Employees thrive at Langan, a firm that embraces and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion; prioritizes wellbeing, health and safety; encourages volunteerism and philanthropy; offers workplace flexibility, along with carbon neutral office spaces; and empowers individuals to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions.
Langan is seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineering Technician to join its collaborative team in Irvine or Los Angeles, CA. This individual will serve a key function in providing field testing, collection of field data, monitoring of complex construction-related projects, and compiling daily reports. In this role, you will have the opportunity to partner cross-functionally with top industry leadership in a continuous learning environment.
- Perform on-site geotechnical observations and tests during construction of buildings, pavements, and other improvements;
- Observe foundation and earthwork construction activities; monitor conformance with the construction documents (plans and specifications);
- Manage testing schedule in cooperation with client and contractors as appropriate to the needs of the project;
- Review work of contractors against predetermined criteria and take appropriate next steps based on review;
- Review physical site and information provided by contractors to understand the current state of the project;
- Provide detailed written and verbal up-to-date reports on project site to manager, including standard logs and field forms, field investigation dailies, and chain of custody logs; and
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate; an Associate’s degree or college courses in science, engineering, or related fields are highly desirable;
- 8+ years of related geotechnical field technician experience, including nuclear densometer testing and earthwork observation and testing;
- Ability to read and follow engineering plans and drawings, instruction manuals and verbal and written procedures;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Reliable transportation to access job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing; and
- Ability to spend 100% of work hours in the field.
Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement. Langan offers employee resource groups; flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; and much more! Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment is a key to our success. Base Hourly Range: $35 - $45. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as related work experience, market conditions, education/training, certifications and other credentials, as well as applicable knowledge and skills. This position is also eligible for overtime and participation in the firm's annual bonus and performance review program. Bonuses are discretionary and based on individual job performance and the profitability of the firm.
Nearest Major Market: Irvine California
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles