Position: Staff Structural EngineerLocation: Rocky Hill, CT
Job Id: 1031-304-2023# of Openings: 1Tectonic is currently seeking a full-time, Structural Engineer to join our Rocky Hill, CT Office. This is an excellent opportunity for professional growth and development within the A/E/C industry and to work with a team of licensed professionals! ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS The essential functions of this position will include assisting with construction support services for contractors such as design of erection and demolition operations, crane lifting plans, structural lifting operations and design of temporary supports & formwork design. They will assist with performing field inspections and the collection and analysis of data to prepare designs, which may include regular site visits. They will also assist with structural design calculations and bridge design details, and perform analyses on projects of varying complexity using hand calculations, analysis software, and other accepted methods. Other essential functions include assisting with generating required engineering reports for review and performing quantity estimates, detailing, and drafting. QUALIFICATIONS
- BS Degree in Civil Engineering is required; MS in Civil Engineering is a plus;
- Must have relevant coursework in steel and concrete design and structural analysis;
- EIT is preferred; must be able to obtain EIT within 6 months of hire;
- A good handle on analysis of structures, and must be detail oriented;
- Knowledge of AutoCAD 2019 or newer or MicroStation required, as well as functional knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- A valid driver’s license for site visits as needed.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is frequently required to assume a stationary position, handle, inspect, and/or feel documents, materials and/or equipment relevant to the job and communicate about same. Occasionally, the employee will need to move around on the job-site, including maneuvering around construction site obstacles and hiking the landscape in various weather conditions, including rain and snow, sometimes while lifting and/or moving equipment up to 25 lbs. They employee must be able to safely operate a motor-vehicle, in which they may be required to remain stationary for a prolonged period of time. The employee will also communicate with colleagues, supervisors and clients by using the Corporate and client e-mail and telephone system. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. COMPETITIVE SALARY & BENEFITS PACKAGE In addition to providing competitive salaries, Tectonic offers a wide range of benefit options, including:
- Comprehensive group medical insurance, including health, dental, vision and life
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, including vacation, sick and personal
- Company–observed paid holidays
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for medical expenses and dependent care
- Commuter benefit plan for public transportation costs
- 401K retirement and profit sharing plan.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and highly encourage resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or any other protected class. Tectonic participates in the USCIS E-Verify Program to verify that all new hires are authorized to work in the United States.
Pay Range: $65,000 - $85,000 per year