Position: Geotechnical EngineerLocation: Newburgh, NY
Job Id: 994-106-2022# of Openings: 1Tectonic’s Geotechnical Team based in Orange County, NY is currently seeking a full-time experienced Geotechnical Engineer to become an integral part of our team and work on upcoming challenging projects! Although this position is preferably based in Newburgh, NY, the home office for this role is flexible and may be based within our Central NJ or Philadelphia, PA Offices; this role offers a hybrid working environment. This is an excellent opportunity for professional growth and development into a leadership role within our Geotechnical Team, which offers the opportunity to work with a diverse group of licensed professionals. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Performing geotechnical computational analysis and design calculations in compliance with project and contract requirements, including monitoring of exploration programs, soil classifications, and engineering analysis;
- Assist with preparation of proposals and engineering reports;
- Prepare design calculations, sketches, and technical specifications for geotechnical engineering portions of projects;
- Assist with coordinating field work with clients and subcontractors;
- Provide construction observations, submittal and RFI review, and other construction phase services for geotechnical portions of projects;
- Occasionally perform field site visits, utilizing field testing equipment when applicable, and analyzing data, samples, and test results;
- All other related duties as required.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience required;
- Experience with monitoring of subsurface explorations, soil classification, laboratory testing, shallow foundation design, deep foundation design, retaining wall design, dam design, and writing reports strongly preferred;
- BS Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent with an EIT Required; MS Degree in a related field and/or PE is a plus; or any equivalent combination of education, training or experience;
- Ability to effectively communicate with supervisors, clients, contractors, engineers, and inspectors regarding geotechnical projects;
- Basic proficiency with AutoCAD 2020 or newer and Microsoft Office Suite;
- Ability to complete OSHA 10 Hour Construction Safety and Health Training within a reasonable period of time following commencement of employment;
- Requires a valid, acceptable driver’s license and personal vehicle to travel to project sites on an occasional basis.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is frequently required to assume a stationary position, handle, inspect, and/or feel documents, materials and/or equipment relevant to the job and communicate about same. The employee may also regularly move around on the job-site, including ascending or descending on the landscape or on a ladder, and positioning themselves appropriately to access necessary testing materials and equipment, usually for prolonged periods of time, sometimes in hazardous weather conditions, such as rain, snow, or extreme heat. For some types of investigations and assessments, the employee may lift and/or move up to 31 lbs. In accordance with the level of visual detail required for this position, close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus are required for this position. The employee may also be required to undergo substance abuse testing in accordance with project requirements, US DOT Regulations, and/or Company policy. The employee will also communicate with colleagues, supervisors and clients using the Company e-mail and telephone systems. This position requires the frequent operation of a motor-vehicle, which may require remaining stationary for extended periods of time. Employees may also be required to undergo substance abuse testing in accordance with project requirements, US DOT Regulations, and/or Company policy. The employee may occasionally be required to operate a computer, as well as other related office machinery, such as calculators, printers, and copy machines. The physical demands described above are representative of those necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. COMPETITIVE SALARY & BENEFITS PACKAGEIn addition to providing competitive salaries, Tectonic offers a wide range of benefit options, including:
- Comprehensive group medical insurance, including health, dental, vision and life
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, including vacation, sick and personal
- Company–observed paid holidays
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for medical expenses and dependent care
- Commuter benefit plan for public transportation costs
- 401K retirement and profit sharing plan.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and highly encourage resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or any other protected class.Tectonic participates in the USCIS E-Verify Program to verify that all new hires are authorized to work in the United States.