Position: Senior EngineerLocation: Brandon, FL
Job Id: 1000-8004-2023# of Openings: 1Tectonic is actively seeking an experienced Senior Engineer with Civil, Structural, and/or Mechanical engineering experience to join our team based in Brandon, FL. This position is a full-time officed based position, with occasional travel for office visits. This is an excellent opportunity for long-term professional growth and development, with potential to lead our regional engineering team! ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS This position involves working closely with other engineers, drafters, and administrative staff to complete the design of multiple telecommunications projects within a professional environment. This primarily includes engineering analysis, utilizing structural, civil, and/or mechanical engineering knowledge. Essential functions of this position include providing technical guidance to staff to ensure accuracy and timely completion of projects, including the review and approval of project drawings, structural models and reports, and other documents in compliance with building codes and Company and client standards. This will also include performance of project site visits as needed, and interactions with clients and construction contractors through project completion. The Senior Engineer will also provide mentoring of staff, establishing and monitoring project schedules and budgets, and all other duties as may be assigned; regular travel may be required to satisfy the essential functions of this role. QUALIFICATIONS
- BS Degree in Civil, Structural, or Mechanical Engineering or similar; MS Degree is a plus;
- Valid Professional Engineering (PE) License, with the ability to obtain a CA PE License within a reasonable period of time;
- Wireless telecommunications experience is a plus; knowledge of tnxTower, RISA, and other structural software a plus;
- Experience in the technical oversight and leadership of staff, project management, and design;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with clients, contractors, and colleagues;
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and personal vehicle; travel will be required for this position.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is frequently required to assume a stationary position, handle, inspect, and/or feel documents, materials and/or equipment relevant to the job and communicate about same. The employee will also need to process manual and computer generated documents, and will be required to communicate using the Corporate e-mail and telephone systems. In accordance with the level of visual detail required for this position, close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus are required for this position. They may be occasionally required to move around on a job-site, including ascending or descending on the landscape or on a ladder, and positioning themselves appropriately to obtain necessary specifications. The employee may be occasionally required to lift and/or move equipment and materials up to 10 lbs. This position may involve occasionally operating a motor-vehicle, which may require assuming a stationary position for extended periods of time. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of these positions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. COMPETITIVE SALARY & BENEFITS PACKAGE In addition to providing competitive salaries, Tectonic offers a wide range of benefit options, including:
- Comprehensive group medical insurance, including health, dental, vision and life
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, including vacation, sick, and personal
- Company–observed paid holidays
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for qualifying medical expenses and dependent care
- Commuter benefit plan for qualifying public transportation costs
- 401K retirement and profit-sharing plan.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and highly encourage resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or any other protected class. Tectonic participates in the USCIS E-Verify Program to verify that all new hires are authorized to work in the United States.
Pay Range: $70,000 - $130,000 per year