LaBella Associates was established in 1978 and is a certified Great Place To Work. We are headquartered in Rochester, NY with offices across New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Maine, Virginia, North and South Carolina, Alabama, and Madrid, Spain. LaBella is a multi-disciplined architectural and engineering firm dedicated to client satisfaction through teamwork, respect, and trust. We provide services that take a project from start to finish—from an initial study to determine a project’s feasibility to construction administration and start up, and everything in between.
LaBella is currently hiring for a Senior Structural Engineer in our Buffalo, NY office. The Structures Discipline provides structural engineering services with emphasis on new design, repair and rehabilitation of constructed works, as well as investigation and performance evaluation. Individual must be able to work independently, as well as part of multi-discipline teams. We are looking for a self-motivated individual looking to be a leader.
- Serves as a Lead Engineer who supervises a team of structural engineers, designers and technicians in production of structural construction documents including drawings, specifications, bidding and construction administration for large complex projects including calculation and document reviews.
- Develops cost effective system layouts as well as performing calculations and coordination with other disciplines.
- Performs site visits for documentation and cost estimating of existing systems and building conditions.
- Prepares technical specifications.
- Reviews and evaluates shop drawings and product submittals.
- Visits construction sites to inspect work in progress or completed.
- Maintains and manages budgets for projects including hours and resources.
- Maintains client relationships
- Prepares Engineering Reports.
- Completes complex and specialty types of design.
- Stays abreast of technical advancements in respective field and disseminates information to others.
- Works closely with regional managers on managing workload allocation and assists on the preparation of business proposals for new work.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience working in the consulting engineering industry.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- BS in Civil Engineering is required.
- A New York State PE license is required.
- Revit Experience is a plus.
- Project history using computer analysis software experience is essential.
- Health/Dental Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- Verizon Wireless Discount
- Gym Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Referral Bonus Program
- Wellness Program
- Team Building Events
- Community Service Events
LaBella Associates does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiting professionals or agencies, nor do we accept resumes from any source that does not reference a specific, open position. LaBella Associates will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resume submitted by recruiting professionals or agencies that do not have a current placement fee agreement with LaBella Associates. All initial communication with recruiting professionals or agencies must go through human resources.