Our employee-owned and multi-disciplined team of engineering and design professionals is looking for a Senior Professional Bridge Engineer who has extensive experience designing highway and railroad bridges and a variety of other transportation structures as well as experience managing multi-disciplined transportation projects.In this position, you will be responsible for the design and analysis of a variety of bridge types from conventional grade separations to complex highway interchanges and river crossings, which may be pre-stressed concrete, post-tensioned concrete, cast-in-place concrete, or steel plate girder construction. You will also be responsible for the design and analysis of retaining walls, drainage culverts, sign structures, etc. In addition to working on a variety of project types, you will have the opportunity to work on projects throughout the country and be exposed to traditional design-bid-build as well as design-build projects.You will have the opportunity to share your knowledge and professional experiences as you mentor team members who will work alongside of you. You will review the design calculations, analyses, load ratings, estimates, and specifications of other team members and propose revisions as necessary. In addition, you will lead multi-disciplined transportation projects and be responsible for the development of project scopes, budgets, invoices, schedules, and progress reports as well as overseeing and reviewing the work performed by others in accordance with TKDA’s QA/QC guidelines.Furthermore, you will collaborate with the Bridge Group Manager and the Vice President of Surface Transportation to further advance our services and enhance our reputation by contributing to the development of marketing plans, cultivating / maintaining relations with clients and agency representatives, tracking prospective opportunities, and responding to proposals.Note: Flexible / hybrid work arrangements (3 days in office / 2 days remote per week) will be considered for self-starter and self-sufficient professionals who have demonstrated an ability to work and/or learn successfully in a remote work environment.Required Qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering with a structural emphasis.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in multiple states.
- Minimum of ten years of progressive technical design experience with key structural elements such as bridge superstructure and substructure, beams, columns/piers, and connection and foundation systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of AASHTO, DOT, and AREMA codes and design standards for new and replacement bridge structures.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of pre-stressed and post-tensioned concrete design and construction methods and applications.
- Minimum of five years of progressive and successful experience managing multi-disciplined transportation projects; strong working knowledge of the project development process including coordination with other disciplines during design and construction.
- Minimum of two years of business development experience demonstrated by a track record of securing new project opportunities.
- Ability to apply effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills when developing proposals, negotiating project contracts, preparing technical reports, leading project team meetings, and delivering client presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, mentor, and develop less experienced professionals with an emphasis on technical design standards, quality control, and/or project management practices.
- Provide and lead Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QAQC) reviews.
- Previous experience cross-selling multi-disciplined consulting services and contributing to the creation of annual business/market development plans.
- Proficiency with Microstation to prepare moderately complex studies, construction documents (PS&E), and drawings.
- Proficient with structural analysis and load rating software (MathCAD, STAAD, LUSAS, LEAP Concrete and Steel, AASHTOWare BrR, ETC.)
- Flexibility for limited overnight travel to conduct on-site consultations, participate in project meetings, or attend business development events.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Master’s degree in structural engineering.
- Registered as a Structural Engineer in Illinois, California, Oregon, or Washington with demonstrated ability to apply seismic design and analysis.
- Previous experience working on Design-Build projects and interacting directly with contractors.
- Experience using Bentley OpenBridge Designer and Modeler.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work in a challenging and highly-collaborative environment where your talents and ideas will be recognized and rewarded, then apply on-line today to join our team!