At McLaren Engineering, we believe it is the optimal mix of talent, experience, passion, and creativity that sets an engineering firm apart from its competition. The successes experienced by our clients through their projects have proven that we can bring any thought, vision, or daydream to fruition. There are no limitations, no boundaries, to the engineering challenges McLaren can meet. Salary Range: $135,000-$180,000 POSITION TITLEPrincipal [Bridge/Highway/Rail Division] LOCATIONHybrid - Remote/Woodcliff Lake, NJ
Hybrid - Remote/New York City, NY OVERVIEWPrincipals are responsible for managing all aspects of a business unit, including preparing proposals, management of the staff, the project work performed by the group, the technical and professional mentorship of their staff, the allocation of manpower within the group and the growth of the team. This position reports to the Technical Vice President. RESPONSIBILITIESBD/Marketing Responsibilities:
- Responsible for BD/Marketing of technical division in office.
- Assists Technical VP in developing new markets in local region.
- Assists Technical VP in expanding on existing markets in local region.
- Acts as market/division representative locally.
- Reviews/develops all proposals for technical division for projects managed by their office.
- Pursuit lead and project manager on large scale projects and contracts.
- Attends local marketing events.
Resource/Technical Management Responsibilities:
- Manages staff in their technical division.
- Manages medium to large engineering projects.
- Supports PM’s on maintaining project schedule and budgets and acts as project executive to ensure clients’ expectations are being met. Responsible for schedule of projects managed in their office/division.
- Responsible for budgets of projects managed in their office/division.
- Responsible to ensure QA/QC process is occurring.
- Reports resource needs to Technical VP.
- Supports Technical Director in implementation of company standards.
- Assists in staff development and career planning; conducts performance evaluations.
- Responsible for project budgets.
- Assists in Accounts Receivable (A/R) collections.
- Reviews Electronic Invoicing (EI) for office managed projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited curriculum; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of twelve years’ experience in engineering and management.
- Professional Engineer registration and/or PMP Certification (preferred).
- Excellent attention to detail and technical written and verbal communication skills; public speaking and presentation experience strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a propensity for the development, mentorship, and guidance of potential leaders.
- Experience as a technical leader of a team of engineers
- Builds constructive and effective internal and external relationships.
- Maintains knowledge of current industry trends and issues.
- Able to thrive in a team focused environment and engage in creative, critical thought; takes initiative and can function at a high level on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) + matching
- Paid time off
- Summer Fridays
- Employee stock ownership plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development stipend
- Referral program
- Bonus pay
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)