At McLaren Engineering, we believe it is the optimal mix of talent, experience, passion and creativity that sets an engineering firm apart from its competition. The successes experienced by our Clients through their projects have proven that we can bring any thought, vision or daydream to fruition. There are no limitations, no boundaries, to the engineering challenges McLaren can meet.
Regional Office Director – Structural Engineer
New York City, NY
Reporting to a Regional Vice President, the Regional Office Director applies a thorough knowledge of current principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields. The Regional Office Director is responsible for managing the local staff, overseeing the overall financial performance of the office, and implementing progressive services and business strategies in order to develop and increase our client base through strong client relationships with a large focus on expanding the local market. The Regional Office Director is also responsible for coordinating with and supporting the Technical Vice Presidents on project work performed by their technical units in the regional office, utilizing knowledge and expertise acquired through progressive experience to resolve crucial issues and/or unique conditions, and the oversight of financial performance.
- Supervises and mentors office staff and is responsible for balancing/cross-sharing of manpower across technical units in the office.
- Responsible for monitoring and achieving office-wide financial goals (revenue, multiplier) , staff-count growth, and staff efficiency targets.
- Leads in the development of the office/regional growth development plan and coordinates those goals with the relevant Regional & Technical VP’s and Business Development Team. Monitors the office performance on a quarterly basis relative to this plan.
Supports the Technical Vice Presidents in mentorship and professional growth of local staff and provides input on technical staff performance reviews.
- Develops new client relationships and opportunities through prior contacts, networking, and attending industry functions or events with a large focus on expanding the firm’s local/regional market presence.
- Leads in the development and review of letter proposals and fee estimates.
- Assists the Business Development team and Marketing Coordinator in business development/marketing of technical divisions with a large focus on local markets.
- Keeps informed of new developments and requirements affecting the organization for the purpose of recommending changes.
- Expands and maintains relationships with clients, creates a positive brand image, builds lasting relationships focused on added value for the client. Subject matter expertise in relevant market and services and expected to present on expertise.
- Pursuit lead and Project Executive on large scale RFP’s, projects and contracts.
- Provides technical assistance in their area of expertise to support Project Managers and technical staff if/where necessary to help advance projects and provide solutions to our clients.
- Manages office administrative assistants.
- Manages office environment (cleaning staff, administrative needs, supplies, IT).
- Nurtures office culture to align with company culture.
- Hosts weekly office coordination meetings.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited curriculum; Master’s degree a plus.
- Professional Engineer registration (preferred).
- Minimum of ten (10) years of related experience.
- Excellent attention to detail and technical written and verbal communication skills; public speaking and presentation experience strongly preferred.
- Able to thrive in a team focused environment and engage in creative, critical thought; takes initiative and can function at a high level on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Extensive knowledge of local market.
- Experience as a staff leader.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) + matching
- Paid time off
- Summer Fridays
- Employee stock ownership plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development stipend
- Referral program
- Bonus pay
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)