Job DescriptionThe Project Engineer is responsible to individually completes routine engineering analyses assignments applying standard methods furnished by project supervisor (project supervisor or higher-level professional reviews all work). Performs routine field investigations under supervision. Individually prepare or check field and laboratory results for engineering assessment. Develops laboratory-testing programs for routine foundation design projects. Develops technical skills and knowledge of Company’s procedures, equipment and services.Job Responsibilities
- Be familiar with company’s field and laboratory procedures. Coordinate field and laboratory operations that are approved by project supervisor. As required, perform as field or laboratory professional when project size, exposure or unique testing requirements demand an experience level of Staff Engineer or higher.
- Supervise routine field and laboratory operations of company and subcontractors.
- Individually prepare field and laboratory results for engineering assessment or check and correct results prepared by others.
- Prepare instructions for field and laboratory testing programs and manage their execution.
- Perform preliminary design parameter selection.
- Individually perform routine analyses and check calculations of other professionals as assigned.
- Perform less routine engineering analyses under close supervision.
- Prepare drafts of project report text and illustrations, which will require coordination of support services such as drafting and printing.
- Completing administrative paperwork by due date, assisting higher-level professionals as needed, and performing other duties as assigned.
- Inter-company contacts with limited client exposure.
- Adheres to quality management system and complies with HSE requirements.
- Other related duties as required.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without restrictions.
- Possess current driver’s license with acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Possess be able to obtain valid passport
- Possess a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Geotechnical focused.
- No full-time industry experience is required, but some practical work experience is preferred.
- Proficient user of MS Office Suite; appropriate skill level on computer software applications pertinent to areas of specialization.
- A good knowledge and understanding of the basics of technical specialty.
- Good math skills.
- Traveling (international and offshore) may be required.
#LI-AM1How to apply?If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.Disclaimer for recruitment agencies: Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.Fugro USA posting DisclaimerFugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or [email protected]