What we are looking forWe are looking for an Entry-level Engineer or Geologist to join our environmental services and sustainability team in our Mobile, AL office. You will be working on environmental projects related to compliance, sustainability, and environmental assessments and remediation. You will work in the field 50% and in the office 50%. This position reports to the Environmental and Sustainability Services Practice director.How you can make an impact
- Assist with sustainability assessments including energy audits, recycling studies, and waste minimization projects.
- Record data during field work, which could include: soil characteristics, lithology, groundwater or surface water data, photographs, or summaries of visual observations through photograph and written field logs following standard operating procedures.
- Prepare environmental assessment/ monitoring reports, including tabulated data, charts, graphs, sketches, statistical analysis, and figures.
- Collect samples from hazardous and non-hazardous sites, including: soil, air, surface water, groundwater, and landfill gas.
- Oversee drilling activities involving, monitoring and well installation, borehole logging, well development, and sampling.
- Conduct and document construction quality assurance observations to ensure compliance with construction documents.
- Complete quality control reviews on all work product (reports, design plans, design calculations, data, etc.) before submission.
- Coordinate with contractors, subcontractors, and clients.
- Prepare reports such as: Phase I, environmental site assessment, emission, groundwater, and compliance reporting.
- Prepare permit applications and regulatory agency submittals and responses with supporting documentation.
- Prepare short-form site specific health and safety plans.
- Participate in health and safety training.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Science required.
- 3+ months of relevant environmental internship, work and/or research experience preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License with a driving record in good standing required.
Whether it’s reducing methane emissions at agricultural facilities and landfills, repurposing contaminated properties, producing alternative energy, or sequestering carbon, we’ve been focused on finding smart climate solutions and improving the natural environment since our inception over 50 years ago. Join our 100% employee-owned firm and start creating your own legacy.As a growing firm, we offer excellent opportunities for career advancement and a competitive package, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, 401K, and employer-funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Student Debt Employer Contribution Program
- Paid holidays and PTO
SCS Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). SCS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.If you have questions, difficulty using our online system and/or you need an accommodation due to a disability then please contact us about your interest in employment at [email protected]