What we are looking forSCS Engineers is looking for an Entry-Level engineer for our Duluth, GA office that wants to be trained and mentored in the field and office (hybrid). You will be expected to provide engineering/design support for solid waste projects being conducted for private and municipal clients. Projects can include landfill gas, landfill and composting which may require design, engineering, permitting, construction and/or operations support.How you can make an impactYou will reduce greenhouse gas emissions and do civil and environmental project work including:
- Collect samples from hazardous and non-hazardous sites, including: soil, air, surface water, groundwater, and landfill gas.
- Oversee drilling activities involving, monitoring and well installation, borehole logging, well development, and sampling.
- Conduct and document construction quality assurance observations to ensure compliance with construction documents.
- Complete quality control reviews on all work product (reports, design plans, design calculations, data, etc.) prior to submission.
- Coordinate with contractors, subcontractors, and clients as directed.
- Coordinate with CAD drafters for design plans/figures or uses AutoCAD for basic design plans/ figures.
- Prepare permit applications and/or regulatory agency submittals and responses with supporting documentation as requested.
- Prepare calculations for reports and in support of design documents as requested.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil, Environmental (or related major) or Geotechnical Engineering required.
- Minimum of 3 months of relevant solid waste, environmental and/or engineering internship, work and/or research experience required.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) preferred.
- Valid Drivers License with a driving record in good standing required.
Whether its reducing methane emissions at agricultural facilities and landfills, repurposing contaminated properties, producing alternative energy, or sequestering carbon, weve been focused on finding smart climate solutions and improving the natural environment since our inception over 50 years ago. Join our 100% employee-owned firm and start creating your own legacy. As a growing firm, we offer excellent opportunities for career advancement and a competitive package, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, 401K, and employer-funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Student Debt Employer Contribution Program
- Paid holidays and PTO
- Hybrid flexible work schedules
SCS Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). SCS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.If you have questions, difficulty using our online system and/or you need an accommodation due to a disability then please contact us about your interest in employment at [email protected]