At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future. One of our core values is ‘people first’, and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You’ll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people’s lives. You’re encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you. Role description: The position is based in the Philippines and the main purpose is to deliver the projects assigned to the Team including; inception, feasibility, preliminary, detailed design and tender management, construction management services in line with Client requirements for time, cost and quality. Role accountabilities: With considerable experience in their field, the Senior Engineer shall take the technical lead on all water, wastewater and drainage projects assigned. The Senior Engineer shall also lead and supervise the work of a numbers of Engineers and CAD operators.The main duties of the role include the following:
- Carry out civil, structural and electro-mechanical design through each design phase to the appropriate Philippines or International standards and regulations;
- Coordinate with Clients, other Client assigned Consultants, Planners, Surveyors, Utility Engineers and C&S/MEP teams as necessary to ensure that an integrated solution is developed for the Client;
- Coordinate, instruct and supervise Design Engineers and CAD Operators within the team;
- Carry out arithmetic and other independent design checks on the work carried out by Design Engineers and Senior Engineers;
- Ensure the implementation of and compliance with ARCADIS Quality Management System; and
- Ensure accurate reporting of time spent, earned value and deliverables achieved on all assigned projects.
This role will have specific responsibility for:
- Ensuring that all work is carried out in accordance with ARCADIS standard operating procedures;
- Day to day coordination with members of the project Team;
- Checking and approving all drawings and calculations carried out by Associate and Junior Engineers and CAD Operators under their supervision;
- Delivery of assigned projects in line with Client expectation for time, cost and quality;
- Reporting to the Line Manager in a timely manner any matters that are likely to affect the Project work plan, work quality or profitability and agree appropriate actions to eliminate or mitigate the risk; and
- Actively sharing knowledge and experience with other staff in the Department and Organization particularly to help coach and develop more junior and inexperienced employees
Qualifications & Experience:
- A Professional or Licensed Engineer (Civil, Structural)
- At least 5 years working experience in planning, design or construction
- Has a good background in any of the following;
- Water Source Development
- Conveyance/Networks Design and Construction
- Treatment Plants & Storage Design and Construction
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in the preparation, review and approval of drawings, technical specifications, contract documents, schedules and cost estimates.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Proficient in Autodesk and Bentley software, or other related software, is an advantage
Why Become an Arcadian? Our work with clients has a direct impact on people’s lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth's resources, we can create a sustainable planet. We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people; data driven and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients’ most pressing challenges and work together to solve them. As a global business, we have committed to support five of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it’s not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate. To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2030. Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day, which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people. At Arcadis, you will have the opportunity to build the career that is right for you. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a ‘people ﬁrst’ business, it is why we will take the time to listen, to understand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions.