WHAT TO EXPECT FROM DBS&A
Are you a highly motivated recent graduate or staff hydrogeologist seeking challenging projects, career advancement, employee ownership, and a great place to work? DBS&A is a water resources, engineering, and environmental consulting firm providing comprehensive services in groundwater and surface water hydrology and environmental science. Our staff values a work environment that is collegial, collaborative, respectful, and rewarding with challenging work and flexible work schedules. In this position, you will work hand-in-hand with a range of professionals with backgrounds in hydrology and geology; soil and environmental science; civil, chemical, and environmental engineering; geographic information system (GIS) and computer drafting; and field and laboratory technology. As a subsidiary of Geo-Logic Associates (GLA), you will have access to 250 diverse professionals in 26 offices in the U.S. and Peru. There is lots of room to grow personally, professionally, and geographically within our organization.Learn more about the benefits of working at DBS&A.
WHY WE REALLY WANT YOU IN THIS JOB
- You have a proven ability or desire to develop and execute consulting work in the California market, with an emphasis in southern California.
- You recently graduated or have a one- to five-year continuous track record of successful and relevant experience, including environmental and water resources projects, assistant project management, and environmental project implementation.
- You want to put your MS or PhD degree in geology, hydrogeology, civil engineering or environmental science to work in water resources, engineering, and environmental consulting.
- You can successfully manage project task budgets and schedules, providing technical assistance in the field and office to environmental investigations, media sampling, subcontractor oversight, modeling, report preparation, and quantitative data analysis.
- You have experience or ability to learn to work with MS Office and ESRI ArcGIS software and map production.
- You possess effective communication skills, including technical writing and the demonstrated ability to speak clearly in public, to convey technical ideas to a non-technical audience, and simultaneously conduct several highly technical project tasks.
MORE ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY ON A DAY-TO-DAY BASIS
You will work with a team of highly talented individuals on a variety of small to large water resource and environmental projects. Typical tasks for a staff-level hydrogeologist may include:
- Mapping using ESRI ArcGIS software
- Participating in stakeholder meetings/presentations
- Conducting environmental investigations in the field and office
- Sampling media, such as collecting and analyzing soil samples, water levels, and water quality data
- Analyzing quantitative data and preparing technical reports
- Managing projects or significant tasks within larger projects, including budgets and schedules, and subcontractor oversight
- Conducting numerical groundwater flow and transport modeling using various modeling packages, such as MODFLOW, GSFLOW, or HYDRUS
- Assisting with litigation support activities
- Assisting with geophysical surveys
This position requires the ability and willingness to:
- Periodically work a flexible schedule, including overtime and possible evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Undertake periodic travel, including possible short-and long-term assignments to remote project locations or industrial areas
- Work in varying and adverse weather conditions and traverse varying terrain
- Routinely accept detailed direction from other staff members
- Work independently, with professionalism and excellent responsiveness, communication and interpersonal skills
- Be eligible to work in the United States
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Undergo a pre-employment physical
- Possess and maintain a driving record acceptable to our insurer
DBS&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.