Posted: January 20, 2023APPLY NOWSeattle
OlympiaAspect Consulting, LLC (Aspect), an earth science and engineering consulting firm, is seeking a Geotechnical Engineer to join our growing Geotechnical and Infrastructure Practice. Aspect’s geotechnical engineering staff tackle challenges on a variety of complex projects all over the northwest ranging from bridge replacements, landslide stabilization, transportation and roadway design, water, and wastewater conveyance and treatment, reservoirs and dams, mid- and high-rise buildings, steep-slope sensitive areas, and floodplain and natural habitat restoration. Our geotechnical engineers are supported by a diverse and talented group of engineering geologists, hydrogeologists, water resource engineers, CAD/GIS professionals, and technical editors; conversely, our geotechnical engineers also support dynamic projects within Aspect’s environmental and water resource practices. See our Case Studies for a sampling of project types.
- Work directly and closely with Aspect geotechnical engineers and engineering geologists to learn core skills and how to effectively apply engineering strategies and solutions on various tasks.
- Direct and document subsurface explorations, instrumentation, and laboratory testing of soils and rock.
- Participate in a broad suite of geotechnical engineering analyses, including slope stability analyses, seismic evaluations, shallow and deep foundation design, ground improvement design, excavation and shoring evaluations, and other challenging technical evaluations.
- Participate in plan sheet development and material quantity estimates for site/grading plans and retaining walls using AutoCAD.
- Assist in preparing strategic, tailored, and cutting-edge deliverables such as written reports, figures, and maps with a team of professionals.
- Collaborate with project teams outside of Aspect, including clients, architects, engineers, and contractors, to share project information, objectives, and geotechnical engineering recommendations.
- Conduct construction oversight to ensure the successful completion of projects.
- Participate in new-hire onboarding and orientation process with your hiring manager and colleagues.
- Participate in ongoing education and training opportunities in geotechnical engineering, project and task management, and consulting.
- Participate in periodic all-hands staff meetings and Aspect social events outside the office setting, such as a summer picnic and end-of-year holiday party at your option.
Due to the size of Aspect’s geotechnical group and geographic reach, a staff geotechnical engineer can expect an abundance of project-type variety in their work, strong mentorship, and readily available avenues to expanded responsibility and career growth.A strong candidate exhibits characteristics that form the foundation of a successful engineering consultant and shows potential for growth and career advancement. These characteristics include a ‘can do’ mentality, a focus on client service, proactiveness, self-motivation, an eye for detail, good organization skills, clear writing, and excellent communication skills.
- A degree in civil or geological engineering from an ABET-accredited college or university with geotechnical engineering coursework
- Ability to obtain Engineer-in-Training EIT Certification
- Ability to work outdoors in a range of weather conditions in rugged and sometimes remote field locations
- Ability to travel long distances and accommodate occasional overnight travel (travel is most often within Washington and Oregon)
- Ability to operate cars, vans, and pickup trucks in various weather conditions and after dark
- Current, valid driver’s license
Aspect’s interactive team of 130+ professionals work across seven offices in Washington and Oregon. Our casual, collaborative, and professional environment gives you the flexibility to work remotely as your role allows. Roles do require being in the office and at client sites when needed to complete their work successfully. Staff should be able to get to their assigned office within a reasonable commute time.
Active, Engaged, Growing. Aspect Consulting is the home of regionally focused earth+water specialists in geotechnical engineering, hydrogeology, geology, environmental remediation, and stormwater. A diverse blend of public and private projects ranging in technical complexity provides you with a balance between applied problem-solving, technical analysis, and design. For ambitious entry-level and seasoned practice builders alike, Aspect offers a supportive, collaborative workplace designed to help you thrive and grow professionally.We are taking a responsible approach to create a healthy work environment and meet the requirements of many of our public and private clients. As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and clients, we require COVID-19 vaccines for all employees who work at client sites or in the office and all newly hired employees.
Compensation and Benefits:
Aspect is proud to offer a generous compensation and benefits package and incentive compensation system to reward the collective team and recognize individual contributors.Compensation is determined by several factors, including, but not limited to, education, experience, performance, and licensure. The compensation range for this role is as follows:
- Staff 2: $75,000 – $77,500
We offer fully paid employee Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance. Medical, Dental, and Vision for dependents are 50% paid. Based on plan requirements, employees can participate in a Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Account, and Commuter Parking Reimbursement. Eligible employees can contribute to our 401k plan with annual Safe Harbor Contributions (3% of annual earnings). All benefits are based on eligibility and benefit plan design.Aspect employees enjoy 9 to 10 paid holidays per year, a minimum of 10 vacation days per year (based on years of industry experience), and sick time accrued on hours worked (approximately eight days a year). Additional benefits include a cell phone stipend ($90/month), home office equipment reimbursement (up to $300/year), public transportation commute reimbursement (75%), and mileage reimbursement for business travel.Aspect also offers several discretionary bonus opportunities based on individual performance and firm success available to all eligible employees.Aspect Consulting is an equal-opportunity employer. Our Racial, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (REDI) team works actively to identify and work towards collective Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity goals.