Summer Intern - Civil/Geotechnical Engineering
We are looking to bring on a Summer Intern to serve as a Civil/Environmental Engineering Technician assisting office engineers and project managers with day-to-day project tasks. This is a full-time role that will be at least 3 consecutive months. The anticipated start for this position is May 2023! This is a fantastic opportunity to get some hands-on, working field experience and be a valuable contributor to our project teams. This role will be based out of our Portland, OR office location.DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will:
- Serve in a field support role, working on some interesting and technically-challenging projects.
- Assist engineers and Project Managers with the planning and execution of site characterization programs on various infrastructure and real estate development projects.
- Assist with evaluation of subsurface geotechnical and environmental data.
- Assist in performing geotechnical design/analysis and developing geotechnical recommendations.
- Perform environmental investigation and sampling work such as Phase I ESA’s, soil, sediment, and groundwater sampling.
- Conduct routine data collection, synthesis, and analysis using approved procedures appropriate for their discipline.
- Candidate should be at least 2 years into their academic career
- Candidate should be enrolled in a civil, or geotechnical engineering educational program (undergraduate or graduate)
- GPA of 3.0 or better
- Demonstrate initiative and a willingness to learn
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent communication skills
- Computer Skills – Strong computer literacy skills including proficiency in all MS Office software
- 40-hour OSHA trained and certified is preferred but not required
- Driver’s license highly preferred but not required
- Ability to work for 3 or more consecutive months on a full-time basis
About Haley & AldrichHaley & Aldrich, Inc. is committed to delivering the value our clients need from their capital, operations, and environmental projects. Our one-team approach allows us to draw from our 900 engineers, scientists, and constructors in 30 offices for creative collaboration and expert perspectives. Since our founding in 1957, we have one goal in all we do: deliver long-term value efficiently, no matter how straightforward or complex the challenge. In 2020, Haley & Aldrich acquired Hart Crowser, an engineering and environmental consultancy with extensive expertise in the Pacific Northwest and recognized for its cutting-edge performance-based seismic design methods. Visit www.haleyaldrich.com.Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status. We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package that includes; health, dental, vision; Short-Term/Long-Term Disability; 401(k) with match; generous vacation plan and paid time off; tuition reimbursement; long-term care, and more. Interested candidates should apply online on our Careers page.#LI-NS1