Senior Sustainability/Resilience Consultant with Green House Gas - California
At Haley & Aldrich, we pride ourselves on our small-company culture, with big-company opportunities. Our staff appreciate that project diversity and flexible environment. Are you looking to take your career to the next level? Bring your expertise, industry knowledge, and leadership to Haley & Aldrich – we’ll give you the flexibility and support to chart your own career path and explore the areas you’re passionate about. We are looking to add new talent to our expanding in-house California resilience team! We are currently seeking a Sustainability and/or Resilience Consultant with Green House Gas Emissions assessment and mitigation experience to work in a technical support role with highly skilled professionals on diverse project teams in a dynamic environment. This position would support existing and upcoming sustainability and resilience projects for large corporate, developer, and public agency clients and include transportation planning, climate action planning, greenhouse gas emissions assessments and mitigation design, disaster response planning, building, infrastructure, and campus hazard and vulnerability and sustainability assessments, and mitigation development and design. Our various projects are at the forefront of this developing market and we often develop scope and grant application with clients to meet their sustainability and resilience needs. Project needs are varied. In addition to project work, the position would support proposal and market development and client outreach.DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will:
- Coordinate with our multidisciplinary teams consisting of planners, scientists, and engineers among others on projects that include greenhouse gas emissions assessment requirements, seismic hazards, coastal studies, hydrology and hydraulics, flood risk management, and coastal restoration on a range of technical deliverables including risk and vulnerability assessments, solution development and evaluation, and implementation planning.
- Have a firm grasp on the complex systems at play in an organization, jurisdiction, and/or ecosystem including having a deep understanding of human, environmental, financial, and operational systems and the interplay between them will be helpful in projecting future scenarios for which to plan.
- Provide other research and writing tasks as necessary to support a wide range of mitigation and sustainability and resilience planning tasks and overall plan development.
- Manage projects and tasks in support of development of climate action and resilience plans at a range of scales, from facility-level risk mitigation projects to regional resiliency action plans and national portfolio planning.
- Coordinate with clients and internal staff to identify critical planning issues.
- Coordinate with local, state, and federal agencies to gain consensus and approvals for work in jurisdictional areas and on designated facilities.
- Help to build partnerships, consensus, and strategies toward the implementation of key programs, policies, and projects.
- Support public outreach and engagement initiatives.
- Prepare and deliver presentations.
- Execute project and task management including facilitating project team meetings, tracking progress and budgets, and managing schedule requirements.
- Assisting with business development opportunities and general growth of Haley & Aldrich’s climate change, sustainability, and resilience services.
- Participate in client and project development track opportunities, identify client needs, and assist with proposals and marketing materials.
- Oversee junior staff on tasks and deliverables including mentorship and team building.
- Build and maintain trusted client relationships.
- Must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in resilience studies, environmental policy and planning, geotechnical, civil or environmental engineering, geology, or environmental science.
- Must have 8+ years of experience with emission inventories, success managing projects
- Essential skills include critical thinking, complex problem-solving, judgment and decision-making, oral and written communication, systems analysis, and active listening.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, organizational skills and ability to think strategically.
- Facilitation, consensus-building, and conflict management skills could also be of benefit.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be proficient at writing diverse technical reports, presentations, and proposals to meet scope and quality objectives and client expectations.
- Ability to work with a team consisting of several technical disciplines
- Effective skills in quality control, planning, cost estimating, scheduling, people management, and communication are essential elements that will need to be developed to succeed in this role.
- Strong computer literacy skills including proficiency in industry standard software.
About Haley & AldrichHaley & Aldrich, Inc. is committed to delivering the value our clients need from their capital, operations, and environmental projects. Our one-team approach allows us to draw from our 900 engineers, scientists, and constructors in 35 offices for creative collaboration and expert perspectives. Since our founding in 1957, we have had one goal in all we do: deliver long-term value efficiently, no matter how straightforward or complex the challenge. Visit haleyaldrich.com.Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status. We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package that includes; health, dental, vision; Short-Term/Long-Term Disability; 401(k) with match; generous vacation plan and paid time off; tuition reimbursement; long-term care, and more. Interested candidates should apply online on our Careers page.In accordance with California Equal Pay Transparency laws, the salary range for this role in CA is $75,000 - $150,000.#LI-JL1