Senior Mine Permitting Specialist
At Haley & Aldrich, we pride ourselves on our small-company culture, with big-company opportunities. Our staff appreciate that project diversity and flexible environment. Are you looking to take your career to the next level? Bring your expertise, industry knowledge, and leadership to Haley & Aldrich – we’ll give you the flexibility and support to chart your own career path and explore the areas you’re passionate about. We are looking to add new talent to our growing team! We are currently seeking a Senior Mine Permitting Specialist to assist our mining clients with permitting and related technical support. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing group and company to be involved in a variety of projects for a diverse range of mining and industrial clients. This is a full time position located in our Reno, NV office.DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will:
- Develop and contribute to state and federal permitting efforts in support of our mining clients’ needs, including federal plans of operations.
- Work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary project teams and be responsible for management of day-to-day execution of projects.
- Work with clients and Client Leaders on all aspects the project to address goals, objectives, and preparation of key documents.
- Develop scopes of work and manage implementation or assist in execution of site investigations by junior staff for all media in accordance with required regulations, procedures, and technical guidance.
- Document project-related activities and coordinate drafting of technical sections of project communications and reports by junior staff.
- Develop and contribute to reclamation and closure planning efforts including scoping studies, temporary and final closure plans, and reclamation and closure liability cost estimation.
- Mentor and train junior staff and field technicians in procedures.
- Perform all work in accordance with company and client Health & Safety protocols.
- Assist with the development of technical scopes of work and cost estimating for proposal efforts on small- to medium-sized project opportunities.
- Support preparation of proposals, project report/deliverables, and regulatory compliance submissions.
- Manage financial and technical aspects of project tasks.
- Execute projects to meet technical, quality, budgetary and scheduling requirements.
- Build and maintain trusted client relationships.
- B.S. degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering, Geology, Biology, Chemistry, or other relevant disciplines
- 15+ years of professional experience required
- Experience with state and federal permitting of exploration and mining projects, NEPA experience a plus
- Demonstrate ability to understand project scope and development of reports from data and other background information.
- Computer Skills – Strong computer literacy skills including proficiency in industry standard software
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- MSHA training required, can be obtained upon hire
- OSHA 40-hr. HAZWOPER training a plus
About Haley & AldrichHaley & Aldrich, Inc. is committed to delivering the value our clients need from their capital, operations, and environmental projects. Our one-team approach allows us to draw from our 900 engineers, scientists, and constructors in 35 offices for creative collaboration and expert perspectives. Since our founding in 1957, we have had one goal in all we do: deliver long-term value efficiently, no matter how straightforward or complex the challenge. Visit haleyaldrich.com.Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status. We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package that includes; health, dental, vision; Short-Term/Long-Term Disability; 401(k) with match; generous vacation plan and paid time off; tuition reimbursement; long-term care, and more. Interested candidates should apply online on our Careers page.#LI-SB1