At Haley & Aldrich, we pride ourselves on our small-company culture, with big-company opportunities. Our staff appreciate that project diversity and flexible environment.Are you looking to take your career to the next level? Bring your expertise, industry knowledge, and leadership to Haley & Aldrich – we’ll give you the flexibility and support to chart your own career path and explore the areas you’re passionate about.Haley & Aldrich is growing, and we are currently seeking a Senior Technical Specialist (Senior Hydrogeologist) to manage, support, and deliver diverse water resource, industrial, commercial, power generation and mining projects across the United States. Projects typically involve baseline hydrologic and water resource studies, groundwater studies, water supply, permitting, operational support, and contaminant investigations. Strong technical skills in hydrogeology, modeling, client engagement, and written and verbal communication are essential. Proven skills in constructive client engagement, resulting in successful project outcomes.This is an excellent opportunity for a senior-level professional looking to advance their career to the next level with a national professional services and consulting leader. This is a full-time position and will be based out of our Denver, CO, Phoenix, AZ, Tucson, AZ, Boise, ID office. Additional consideration will be given to qualified candidates in other regions of the country, as long as the candidate can report regularly to an established office.DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will:
- Build site-wide groundwater flow model – Modflow (visual modflow, groundwater vistas, GMS), MT3D.
- Perform fate and transport analyses -- Modflow (visual modflow, groundwater vistas, GMS), MT3D.
- Perform pit lake modeling -- Modflow (visual modflow, groundwater vistas, GMS), MT3D, PHREEQC, Geochemists workbench.
- Direct project teams engaged in hydrogeologic analyses for water supply and environmental projects.
- Conduct management oversight of staff engaged in drilling and data collection activities.
- Oversee, conduct and analyze aquifer tests including predictive surface and groundwater modeling, and other hydrologic analyses.
- Oversee routine data collection, synthesis, and analysis using industry standard procedures.
- Assist in identifying technical issues and problem-solving approaches for hydrogeological site characterization.
- Review regulations as appropriate and manage permitting with state and federal agencies and applicable technical programs.
- Oversee preparation of reports including data visualization such as potentiometric surface maps, geologic and hydrogeological cross-sections, hydrologic model simulations, and maps.
- Experience with a variety of quantitative groundwater modeling software uses and applications preferred.
- Prepare cost proposals and qualification statements.
- Possess advanced skills in quality control, planning, cost estimating and scheduling.
- B.S. degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Engineering Geology, or related disciplines. Master’s degree strongly desired
- 10+ years of work experience in the hydrogeology discipline. Project management experience is a plus
- Professional license (RG, PG, or CHG) or ability to obtain in 2 years
- Technical proficiency in modeling
- Ability to present to and support clients with negotiating with regulators
- Must possess unwavering commitment to company and client Health & Safety protocols
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must comply with the Guiding Principles and Code of Behavior articulated in our Company Charter
- Computer Skills – Strong computer literacy skills including proficiency in industry standard software
- OSHA 40-hr. HAZWOPER and MSHA new miner training a plus
About Haley & AldrichHaley & Aldrich, Inc. is committed to delivering the value our clients need from their capital, operations, and environmental projects. Our one-team approach allows us to draw from our 900 engineers, scientists, and constructors in 35 offices for creative collaboration and expert perspectives. Since our founding in 1957, we have had one goal in all we do: deliver long-term value efficiently, no matter how straightforward or complex the challenge. Visit haleyaldrich.com.Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status. We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package that includes; health, dental, vision; Short-Term/Long-Term Disability; 401(k) with match; generous vacation plan and paid time off; tuition reimbursement; long-term care, and more. Interested candidates should apply online on our Careers page.In accordance with Colorado Equal Pay Transparency laws, the salary range for this role in CO is $90,000 - $125,000.#LI-SB1