Rutherford + Chekene (R+C) is one of the foremost engineering practices in California providing geotechnical and structural engineering. Since the establishment of R+C’s geotechincal department nearly 50 years ago, their reputation for excellence in creative problem solving, cross-discipline collaboration, and holistic building design has made them the geotechnical engineer of choice for many design teams and premier academic, healthcare, government, and civic institutions throughout Northern California. In this newly created role, you will have the opportunity to learn from our team of highly-regarded geotechnical engineers while working on a variety of interesting and prominent projects. R+C offers a competitive salary and benefits package: medical, dental and vision insurance, paid personal time off, 401(k), in-house professional development, and continuing education allowance. R+C is an equal opportunity employer.
Our ideal candidate will bring the energy and enthusiasm needed to be part of our fast-paced geotechnical
team environment, as well as the following desired qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, and Master’s Degree in Geotechnical Engineering (required).
• 0-3 years of increasing responsibility in geotechnical engineering, including experience in field
exploration and construction.
• Skilled in seismic hazard analysis, liquefaction evaluation and mitigation, shallow and deep foundation
design, slope stability analysis, and report writing.
• Familiarity with geotechnical software including:
– gINT, ALLPILE, CLIQ, LPILE, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office suite of programs.
– PLAXIS, Settle3, LiqSVs (considered a plus).
• Excellent communication and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
• Excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities and an ability to work both independently
and in a team environment.
• Many of our clients ask for proof of COVID vaccination to attend in-person meetings or jobsites, as
such our ideal candidate will be able to meet this requirement.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position $78,00-$87,000. Salaries to be determined based upon geographic location
R+C offers a competitive salary and benefits package: medical, dental and vision insurance, paid personal time
off, 401(k), in-house professional development, and continuing education allowance. R+C is an equal opportunity
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts, and two references to [email protected]
com for immediate consideration. The subject line of the email should read: Geotechnical Staff Engineer
(0-3 years) [Candidate Name].