PS&S is an award winning "one-stop shop” of architecture and engineering excellence, which was established in 1962. The depth and breadth of our expertise has helped PS&S grow into a firm offering multi-disciplined, full-service architecture, engineering, design, environmental and surveying consulting services. What We Offer
- We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our career mapping, ongoing training, and career development program.
- We foster an up-beat, creative, and fun environment.
- We give you the flexibility needed to do your best work with several work options including remote, hybrid and on-site.
- We offer competitive compensation along with an expansive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision benefits, life insurance, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more.
- Perform analysis to size structural systems and foundations utilizing building codes, technical reference standards and software
- Provide technical leadership to junior structural engineers on pharmaceutical projects, manufacturing facilities, schools, parking garages, residential and mixed use developments, etc.
- Collaborate with Building Group team including architects, electrical, plumbing, process and mechanical engineers to achieve quality results for clients.
- Make presentations to clients and others to communicate pertinent information about structural designs.
- Strong knowledge of Building Codes (IBC, ASCE) and reference standards (AISC, ACI, NDS)
- Bachelor’s degree in civil/structural engineering from an ABET accredited engineering school with a degree
- 10+ years of structural engineering design experience in a consulting firm
- Professional Engineering License
- Design experience involving timber framing, steel framing, cast-in-place concrete, shallow and deep foundations, lateral resisting systems, etc.
- Ability to interpret Geotechnical Reports and coordinate foundation designs with Geotechnical Engineers
- Experience presenting and communicating design concepts, analysis and conclusions to clients and others.
- Proficiency with Revit
- Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Ability to problem solve in a creative, entrepreneurial way
- Excellent communications skills – verbal and written
- Need to be a self-starter with problem solving abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft software packages Word, Excel, Office, is required
- Proficient use of structural analysis software such as RAM Structural System, RAM Elements, ETabs, Safe, etc.