PS&S is an award winning "one-stop shop” of architecture and engineering excellence, which was established in 1962. The depth and breadth of our expertise has helped PS&S grow into a firm offering multi-disciplined, full-service architecture, engineering, design, environmental and surveying consulting services. Position Summary PS&S is seeking a talented Structural Engineer with 5+ years’ experience to join our firm. The PS&S structural department works on buildings, bridges, and other structures of all sizes and construction types, from steel-framed warehouses to masonry retaining walls to 20+ story reinforced concrete towers. This position would be based in our Warren, NJ headquarters.
The ideal candidate is capable of being both self-sufficient and working with a design team, with the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently. Candidate responsibilities include:
- Perform structural calculations for steel, reinforced concrete, masonry, and wood structures
- Review drawings and calculations performed by junior staff
- Develop detailed construction plans and details for buildings, bridges, and other structures using AutoCAD or Revit software
- Create structural models using various structural design software
- Perform field visits during construction to observe adherence to the construction documents
- Review shop drawings and respond to RFIs during construction phase
- B.S. Civil or Architectural Engineering from an accredited school
- PE license required
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office required
- Proficiency in Bentley RAM software suite and CSI SAFE (or similar concrete finite element software) preferred
- Excellent organization, oral, and written communication skills
- Knowledge of local and national design codes, including the International Building Code, AASHTO, ASCE 7, ACI 318, AISC 360, and NDS
- 5+ years of relevant structural design work
What We Offer
- We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our career mapping, ongoing training, and career development program.
- We foster an up-beat, creative, and fun environment.
- We give you the flexibility needed to do your best work with several work options including remote, hybrid and on-site.
- We offer competitive compensation along with an expansive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision benefits, life insurance, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more.
Apply for this job onlineEmail this job to a friendShare on your newsfeed