Dare to join Englobe At nearly 3,000 people, Englobe is one of Canada’s premier firms specializing in professional engineering services, environmental sciences, and soil and biomass treatment.With offices located across Canada, the United Kingdom and France, we are conveniently located to support large- and small-scale projects, through different stages, in many sectors. Offering a range of value-added services that run the gamut from professional consulting to turnkey project implementation, Englobe has developed a reputation for integrity, credibility, and people-centered values. When you choose Englobe, you’re choosing a team with a wide range of expertise and a shared concern for the environment and the sustainable development of their communities. At Englobe, the health and safety of our employees is a top priority. We have built a culture of caring and are sincerely committed to diversity and inclusion. In practice, this means we take care of every aspect of the employee experience. And that’s not all... Taking initiative and seizing opportunities for professional development are encouraged. We believe that great ideas can come from anyone, anywhere! At Englobe, you’ll have the opportunity to grow and excel. We offer
- A full range of benefits (group insurance with shared costs upon hiring, group RRSP);
- A telemedicine virtual healthcare service;
- An annual reimbursement of sports expenses;
- Opportunities for skills development;
- Flexible hours and ability to compress working hours;
- Internal policy to encourage teleworking.
Choose the path of impact. Join us in creating a positive legacy. Englobe is pleased to offer a career opportunity to an ambitious Geotechnical Engineer-in-Training who enjoys managing a variety of projects from multiple sectors and a diverse client base in a growing team environment. Reporting to the New Brunswick Geotechnical, Materials and Environmental Team Leader, your main tasks will be to work on projects performing geotechnical exploratory, design, forensic, and laboratory testing, construction management and inspection/testing services.
- Apply and promote Englobe’s health and safety rules
- Conduct geotechnical inspections, subsurface investigations (land-based and near shore marine), field measurements, and record observations for various construction projects;
- Materials field testing including soil compaction, concrete and asphalt;
- Geotechnical evaluation and problem solving, report preparation, and preparation of proposals;
- Obtain field samples and schedule routine laboratory tests for soils, aggregates, and concrete in accordance with applicable procedures and standards;
- Conduct geotechnical assessment utilizing computer aided design and analysis software; and
- Record field test results into database, print test reports, prepare draft inspection reports.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with a focus on Geotechnical Engineering from a recognized university.
- 0-2 years of relevant experience in geotechnical inspections and investigations;
- Member-In-Training with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of New Brunswick (APEGNB) or another Canadian Province with the ability to obtain P.Eng. status with APEGNB; and
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
Englobe adheres to the principles of employment equity, including that of equal opportunity and equal treatment in respect to employment, in accordance with the provisions of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and its provincial equivalent. Englobe makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications and competencies, merit and business needs.
Englobe has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need that you have not yet informed us about, please contact the Human Resources so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place before you begin your employment.
Applicants with disabilities requiring accommodation should contact Human Resources with their request and information on the position(s) they seek to apply.
We would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume; however, only selected candidates will be contacted.
Health and safety are at the heart of Englobe’s corporate culture. In order to provide our employees with a safe working environment in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, and in light of the growing number of clients making vaccination a prerequisite to access their sites and facilities, all Englobe employees are required to confirm their vaccination status through a secure online form. For some positions, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment. This condition will be communicated to you if it applies to your role during the interview.