Dare to join Englobe Englobe, and it’s more than 3200 people, concerned about the environment daily, engaged in sustainable engineering, process soils and biomass, and manage the quality and integrity of assets. At Englobe, we adopt innovative, human-centred management. We welcome new ideas and are open to discussion. We are determined to succeed in partnership with our teams. We offer
- A full range of benefits (group insurance with shared costs upon hiring, group RRSP);
- A telemedicine virtual health care service;
- An annual reimbursement of sports expenses;
- Opportunities for skills development;
- Flexible hours and ability to compress working hours;
- Internal policy to encourage teleworking.
Dare to join Englobe and lead a career marked by growth and accomplishments. Englobe is pleased to offer a career opportunity to an ambitious Junior Geotechnical Engineer or Engineer in Training who enjoys managing a variety of projects from multiple sectors and a diverse client base in a growing team environment. Reporting to the Edmonton, Geotechnical Team Leader, your main tasks will be to work on projects supplying geotechnical exploratory, design, forensic, laboratory testing, construction management and inspection/testing services to Energy, Institutional, Transportation, Industrial, Commercial, Communication, and Residential clients.
- Apply and promote Englobe’s health and safety rules
- Conduct geotechnical inspections, subsurface investigations (land-based and near shore marine), field measurements, and record observations for various construction projects;
- Materials field testing including soil compaction, concrete and asphalt;
- Geotechnical evaluation and problem solving, report preparation, and preparation of proposals;
- Obtain field samples and schedule routine laboratory tests for soils, aggregates, and concrete in accordance with applicable procedures and standards;
- Conduct geotechnical assessment utilizing computer aided design and analysis software;
- Record field test results into database, print test reports, prepare draft inspection reports;
- Assist with project schedules and budgets as needed.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or equivalent. A focus on Geotechnical Engineering from a recognized university is preferred;
- 0-2 years of relevant experience in geotechnical inspections and investigations;
- Member-In-Training with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA) or another Canadian Province with the ability to obtain E.I.T. or P.Eng. status with APEGA;
- Good oral and excellent written English communication skills;
- Strong organization, time management, and prioritization skills;
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills;
- Ability to work individually and as a team member, within a dynamic, fast-paced, deadline driven environment;
- Ability to manage a variety of projects and/or initiatives, often occurring simultaneously;
- Willingness and ability to travel around Western Provinces as required; and
- Enjoys working in a professional office environment, and is able to work outside of normal business hours, as required (this includes evenings and weekends)
Englobe adheres to the principles of employment equity, including that of equal opportunity and equal treatment in respect to employment, in accordance with the provisions of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and its provincial equivalent. Englobe makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications and competencies, merit and business needs.
Englobe has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need that you have not yet informed us about, please contact the Human Resources so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place before you begin your employment.
Applicants with disabilities requiring accommodation should contact Human Resources with their request and information on the position(s) they seek to apply.
We would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume; however, only selected candidates will be contacted.
Health and safety are at the heart of Englobe’s corporate culture. In order to provide our employees with a safe working environment in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, and in light of the growing number of clients making vaccination a prerequisite to access their sites and facilities, all Englobe employees are required to confirm their vaccination status through a secure online form. For some positions, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment. This condition will be communicated to you if it applies to your role during the interview.