Dare to join Englobe MPE, an Englobe company is seeking a Geotechnical Engineer to join our team in our Calgary office.Since 1961, Englobe Corp. has been providing consulting services and is a national leader in environmental, geotechnical, pavement, materials engineering, and building science with specialized services in civil, municipal, and transportation engineering. MPE is now part of the Englobe Family.Join our team of engineers, scientists, technicians, and other support staff as we take Englobe into the future.
The Geotechnical Engineer will be involved in a range of small to large projects in the private and public sectors. The You will be required to work independently within a growing team carrying out bridge feasibility works, design, and assessment and strengthening depending upon project requirements.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to junior team members.
- Project management for various geotechnical projects.
- Assist in proposal writing and client relations.
- Perform and/or review geotechnical calculations and analysis for a wide range of projects.
- Perform geotechnical inspection, analysis, and/or design for earthen dams.
- Perform geotechnical analysis and design for geohazards.
- Planning and review of geotechnical instrumentation and their data.
- Perform Dam Safety Reviews in accordance with industry standards.
- Oversee construction inspections as related to foundations, earthworks, etc.
- Prepare and/or review written reports.
- Undergraduate degree in Civil/Geotechnical, or Geological Engineering.
- Graduate degree will be considered an asset but is not required.
- The ideal candidate would have 8 or more years of relevant experience.
- A self-motivated individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have an aptitude for problem solving.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Previous experience in geotechnical analysis and design is an asset.
- Prior experience with geohazards and/or dams is an asset.
- Eligible for professional membership with APEGA.
- Ability to travel and work remotely in all weather conditions, as needed.
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
Englobe adheres to the principles of employment equity, including that of equal opportunity and equal treatment in respect to employment, in accordance with the provisions of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and its provincial equivalent. Englobe makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications and competencies, merit and business needs.
Englobe has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need that you have not yet informed us about, please contact the Human Resources so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place before you begin your employment.
Applicants with disabilities requiring accommodation should contact Human Resources with their request and information on the position(s) they seek to apply.
We would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume; however, only selected candidates will be contacted.
Health and safety are at the heart of Englobe’s corporate culture. In order to provide our employees with a safe working environment in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, and in light of the growing number of clients making vaccination a prerequisite to access their sites and facilities, all Englobe employees are required to confirm their vaccination status through a secure online form. For some positions, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment. This condition will be communicated to you if it applies to your role during the interview.