Dare to join Englobe At nearly 3,000 people, Englobe is one of Canada’s premier firms specializing in professional engineering services, environmental sciences, and soil and biomass treatment.With offices located across Canada, the United Kingdom and France, we are conveniently located to support large- and small-scale projects, through different stages, in many sectors. Offering a range of value-added services that run the gamut from professional consulting services to turnkey project implementation, Englobe has developed a reputation for integrity, credibility, and people-centered values. When you choose Englobe, you’re choosing a team with a wide range of expertise and a shared concern for the environment and the sustainable development of their communities. At Englobe, the health and safety of our employees is a top priority. We have built a culture of caring and are sincerely committed to diversity and inclusion. In practice, this means we take care of every aspect of the employee experience. And that’s not all... Taking initiative and seizing opportunities for professional development are encouraged. We believe that great ideas can come from anyone, anywhere! At Englobe, you’ll have the opportunity to grow and excel. We offer
- A full range of benefits (group insurance with shared costs upon hiring, group RRSP);
- A telemedicine virtual healthcare service;
- An annual reimbursement of sports expenses;
- Opportunities for skills development;
- Flexible hours and ability to compress working hours;
- Internal policy to encourage teleworking.
Choose the path of impact. Join us in creating a positive legacy. Englobe is committed to providing accommodation to, and working with, applicants with disabilities, to meet their needs throughout the recruitment, selection and/or employment process.
As an Project manager, Instrumentation & Monitoring, you will work in collaboration with the Engineering team. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Apply and promote Englobe’s health and safety rules
- Manage multiple projects of various sizes from start to finish
- Coordinate, supervise and perform field and office responsibilities.
- Manage and/or generate deliverable documentation of various projects including technical monitoring plans, monitoring reports and project submittals.
- Prepare proposals and qualification packages.
- Consistently execute prescribed technical procedures and work plans.
- Participate in project management meetings, office meetings, health, and safety inspections.
- Actively marketing the company’s products and services to new and existing clients through business development initiatives.
- Flexibility and adaptability to scheduling changes and occasional overtime, evening, or weekend work.
- Travel between worksites as required.
- Maintain a commitment to exceeding client expectations by consistently delivering high quality of work.
- Consistently maintain professionalism and objectivity while working with colleagues and clients who require varying degrees of support.
- Assist in managing, training, and mentoring technical personnel and more junior professional staff to develop their skills and abilities
- Handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy to maintain positive working relationships with all internal and external contacts.
- Conduct project administration tasks as required, including timesheet generation and project invoicing.
- University Degree in Geotechnical Engineering, Civil Engineering or related field.
- Possession of a Professional Engineering (P.Eng) designation required;
- Minimum of 3-8 years’ Post-designation experience required.
- Experience in Geotechnical Instrumentation and Monitoring of public infrastructure during construction. Have knowledge and understanding of monitoring instruments and their uses.
- Experience in pre-condition surveys and noise and vibration monitoring
- Experience and knowledge with Geotechnical engineering and drilling, settlement analyses, slope stability assessments and concrete and compaction testing, would be an asset.
- Experience writing proposals, specifications, case studies, technical and non-technical reports.
- Working knowledge of both provincial and federal environmental regulations would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and adapt to complex topics and concepts, working independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently problem-solve, tackle new assignments and multi-task in a busy work environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to perform detailed analysis in various software programs.
- Previous consulting experience is an asset.
- Possession of or eligibility to obtain Security Clearance.
- Demonstrated sensitivity and consideration for occupational health and safety.
Englobe welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Apply
Englobe adheres to the principles of employment equity, including that of equal opportunity and equal treatment in respect to employment, in accordance with the provisions of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and its provincial equivalent. Englobe makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications and competencies, merit and business needs.
Englobe has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need that you have not yet informed us about, please contact the Human Resources so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place before you begin your employment.
Applicants with disabilities requiring accommodation should contact Human Resources with their request and information on the position(s) they seek to apply.
We would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume; however, only selected candidates will be contacted.
Health and safety are at the heart of Englobe’s corporate culture. In order to provide our employees with a safe working environment in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, and in light of the growing number of clients making vaccination a prerequisite to access their sites and facilities, all Englobe employees are required to confirm their vaccination status through a secure online form. For some positions, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment. This condition will be communicated to you if it applies to your role during the interview.