Dare to join Englobe At nearly 3,000 people, Englobe is one of Canada’s premier firms specializing in professional engineering services, environmental sciences, and soil and biomass treatment.With offices located across Canada, the United Kingdom and France, we are conveniently located to support large- and small-scale projects, through different stages, in many sectors. Offering a range of value-added services that run the gamut from professional consulting services to turnkey project implementation, Englobe has developed a reputation for integrity, credibility, and people-centered values. When you choose Englobe, you’re choosing a team with a wide range of expertise and a shared concern for the environment and the sustainable development of their communities. At Englobe, the health and safety of our employees is a top priority. We have built a culture of caring and are sincerely committed to diversity and inclusion. In practice, this means we take care of every aspect of the employee experience. And that’s not all... Taking initiative and seizing opportunities for professional development are encouraged. We believe that great ideas can come from anyone, anywhere! At Englobe, you’ll have the opportunity to grow and excel. We offer
- A full range of benefits (group insurance with shared costs upon hiring, group RRSP);
- A telemedicine virtual healthcare service;
- An annual reimbursement of sports expenses;
- Opportunities for skills development;
- Flexible hours and ability to compress working hours;
- Internal policy to encourage teleworking.
Choose the path of impact. Join us in creating a positive legacy. Englobe is committed to providing accommodation to, and working with, applicants with disabilities, to meet their needs throughout the recruitment, selection and/or employment process.
As a Pavement Engineer, you will work in collaboration with the Pavement team in the Toronto office and will assist other offices located in the Greater Toronto Area.Reporting to the Team Leader, Pavements Engineering, your main tasks will be to work on pavement and geotechnical projects for various municipalities in Ontario and the Ministry of Transportation. More specifically, you will:
- Assist with the planning and coordination of fieldwork.
- Supervise drilling sub-consultant for the completion of subsurface investigations as required.
- Prepare borehole logs using GINT, core logs photographs and summary.
- Assist to carry out fieldwork using high technology pavement equipment such as falling weight deflectometer (FWD), ground penetrator radar (GPR), and profilometer.
- Conduct pavement condition survey as required and analyze data collected from Laser Crack Measurement Survey (LCMS) and Video Survey.
- Process GPR data using the roadscan module in the RADAN 7.0 GPR data reduction software developed by GSSI.
- Back-calculate FWD data in AASHTO DARWin 3.0 Pavement Design, Dynatest ELMOD and/or BAKFAA to determine pavement layer moduli (Asphalt layer and Granular) and resilient modulus of the subgrade.
- Analyze traffic data to calculate the design Equivalent Single Axle Loads (ESALs)
- Prepared engineering design for flexible and rigid pavement using the AASHTO 93 pavement design methodology, MTO-MI 183 and/or Municipal Standards.
- Work both independently and collaboratively with project teams including field personnel, project managers, draft persons and administrative staff using interpersonal and organizational skills to ensure project tasks are completed on time and within budget
- Apply and promote Englobe’s health and safety rules
- Undergraduate university degree in civil engineering (pavement, geotechnical or geology).
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in geotechnical/pavement engineering.
- Must have or be eligible for PEO licensing.
- Experience in conducting pavement condition survey, analyzing traffic data and back-calculating deflections data.
- Knowledge in pavement design in accordance with AASHTO, MTO-MI 183 and Municipal Standards.
- Proficiency with various computer software including Microsoft Office (i.e. word, excel, powerpoint, etc), and pavement analysis software.
- Experience analyzing field data and recommending pavement rehabilitation strategy.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player in fast paced dynamic environments.
- Displays a willingness to learn, accountability, integrity, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- The position requires travel to various sites within Canada. The candidate is required to have a valid Province of Ontario class “G” driver’s licence, access to a vehicle and capable of driving a truck with an attached trailer.
Englobe adheres to the principles of employment equity, including that of equal opportunity and equal treatment in respect to employment, in accordance with the provisions of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and its provincial equivalent. Englobe makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications and competencies, merit and business needs.
Englobe has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need that you have not yet informed us about, please contact the Human Resources so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place before you begin your employment.
Applicants with disabilities requiring accommodation should contact Human Resources with their request and information on the position(s) they seek to apply.
We would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume; however, only selected candidates will be contacted.
Health and safety are at the heart of Englobe’s corporate culture. In order to provide our employees with a safe working environment in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, and in light of the growing number of clients making vaccination a prerequisite to access their sites and facilities, all Englobe employees are required to confirm their vaccination status through a secure online form. For some positions, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment. This condition will be communicated to you if it applies to your role during the interview.