Do you want to impact what buildings present to the world?
Do you have architectural, structural, thermal and energy modelling experience, and are you seeking a new job? Buro Happold is looking for a full-time Facade Engineer. As a Facade Engineer, you will work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, contributing to unique and innovative projects that inspire awe, transform communities and help to combat climate change.To give you an idea of how this flexible role would look and feel, here are some of the things you could expect to do:
- Carry out structural, thermal and energy modelling of building enclosure details and systems
- Utilize advanced analysis programs and techniques to understand building envelope performance and façade design
- Undertake engineering facades calculations with various materials, including structural glass, aluminum, stainless steel, wood, stone and precast concrete
- Perform technical reviews of shop drawings and construction administration submittals to ensure air, water, thermal, seismic, acoustic and structural performance
- Deliver work in a timely and technically competent manner
- Participate in site visits to projects and prepare site observation reports.
To apply for this facade engineer role, you will need a degree in Architecture, Architectural Engineering or a related science discipline. You will also require:
- Coursework in façade materials and assemblies, façade engineering, building envelope physics, and/or thermal modeling skills beneficial
- 3D modeling skills (Rhino, Revit, Grasshopper, SketchUp, AutoCAD, etc) preferred
- Interest in the façade industry with emphasis on detailing and engineering
- Good sketching skills
- Internship experience in façade or engineering beneficial
- Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible manner
- Eagerness to learn and work as part of a multidisciplinary team
Learn more about Facade Engineering at Buro HappoldIf you’re looking to make a positive impact and create change, possessing an inclusive and committed approach, you will be rewarded with an excellent salary and benefits package.Learn more about our office locationsWhat we offer:
- Salary range of $72,000 to $75,000. This will be determined based on factors such as geographic location, skills, education, and/or experience
- Generous benefits package
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Generous PTO (4-5 weeks depending on position) in addition to 10 paid holidays
- 401k with company match
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Hybrid working & summer hours
- Reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees
- Global network of experts
- Learning and development opportunities
- Be a part of our Young Employees Forum and our Diversity and Inclusion Forum
Interested? Intrigued? Inspired? Please apply with Buro Happold today if this full-time Graduate Facade Engineer job sounds right for you.When submitting your application, please also submit work samples or a portfolio.
Be you at Buro Happold
Buro Happold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals. We actively promote inclusivity to enable every individual to reach their full potential, the more inclusive we are the better our work will be.
We are working to change the lack of representation of minority groups in the built environment, and are particularly keen to hear from anyone who feels they are underrepresented in the industry. We have much to learn from one another. Embracing difference allows us to develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.