Do you appreciate the value of holistic design thinking and want to be part of a multidisciplinary team?
Do you appreciate the value of holistic design thinking and want to be part of a multidisciplinary team that is rewarded for doing what is right for the long-term success of the customer and our business? Buro Happold is seeking a full-time Graduate Structures Engineer to join our talented and inclusive structural engineering team.As a Graduate Structural Engineer, you will work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, contributing to unique and innovative projects that inspire awe, transform communities and help to combat climate change. This role offers you the opportunity to:
- Contributing to the progression and delivery of structural engineering projects
- Undertake detailed structural engineering design and calculations
- Prepare technical drawings and specifications
- Plan and manage documentation of design work
- Assisting in the documentation of structural engineering designs
- Assist in oversight of projects in construction
The successful candidate will have a Master’s degree in Civil Engineering or Architectural Engineering with an emphasis on Structures. You will also require the following:
- Coursework in structural analysis, advanced steel design, advanced reinforced concrete design, and earthquake engineering
- Structural project design experience via prior internship and/or coursework projects.
- Familiarity with Revit, 3D modelling skills (Rhino, SketchUp, etc)
- Interest and/or experience in visual programming (Dynamo, Grasshopper), coding (Python, C#), and open source coding projects is a plus
- Internship experience at engineering related firm preferred
- Proven interest in the built environment
Learn more about Structural Engineering at Buro HappoldIn return for your passion, collaborative approach and commitment, you will receive a generous salary and benefits package, joining a friendly and inclusive culture.Learn more about our office locations What we offer:
- Salary range of $72,000 to $75,000. This will be determined based on factors such as geographic location, skills, education, and/or experience
- Generous benefits package
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Generous PTO (4-5 weeks depending on position) in addition to 10 paid holidays
- 401k with company match
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Hybrid working & summer hours
- Reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees
- Global network of experts
- Learning and development opportunities
- Be a part of our Young Employees Forum and our Diversity and Inclusion Forum
Interested? Intrigued? Inspired?Please apply with Buro Happold today if this full-time Graduate Structural Engineer job sounds right for you.
Be you at Buro Happold
Buro Happold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals. We actively promote inclusivity to enable every individual to reach their full potential, the more inclusive we are the better our work will be.
We are working to change the lack of representation of minority groups in the built environment, and are particularly keen to hear from anyone who feels they are underrepresented in the industry. We have much to learn from one another. Embracing difference allows us to develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.Type of contractPermanentGradeGraduateArea of ExpertiseBuilding StructuresRegionUSOffice / Project LocationLos Angeles, Hybrid working (US)Ref No6121