GZA GeoEnvironmental (GZA) is an employee-owned multidisciplinary geotechnical, geo-civil, and environmental engineering, firm. GZA employs approximately 700 engineers, scientists and technical support staff in 30+ offices across the United States. We provide a range of interrelated services focused on geotechnical engineering and the earth sciences, environmental assessment and remediation, and water resources/management.
Our Providence, Rhode Island office is seeking a mid-level Geotechnical Assistant Project Manager to join our team in the technical execution of transportation, building, and energy infrastructure engineering, projects. Under the supervision of project managers or principals, the successful candidate’s primary responsibilities may include:
- Plan, organize and oversee field tasks and subsurface exploration activities (such as boring inspection and soil/rock logging);
- Perform all technical tasks and complex analyses related to projects under the supervision of project managers or principals;
- Prepare draft technical reports for review by project managers or principals;
- Conduct technical analyses/calculations and prepare complete calculation packages;
- Prepare proposals and scope of work for geotechnical projects;
- Act as project manager for projects, as needed;
- Interact with clients and field staff; and
- Mentor and train less experienced staff.
Other technical duties may include:
- Calculating costs and determining feasibility of projects based on analysis of collected data, applying principles of engineering and advanced mathematics;
- Preparing reports, recommendations, plans and construction schedules;
- Identifying appropriate subsurface tests, and investigation of soil and rock, in connection with foundation and other infrastructure construction projects;
- Developing construction plans and specifications, performing engineering computations and analysis of soil data; and
- Observing construction activities to monitor progress and conformance with plans and specifications.
- GZA emphasizes a One Company environment, and as a member of our team, you may be asked to assist on projects and tasks outside of your primary responsibilities.
- BS or MS degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering, at least 5 to 10 years of experience with a geotechnical and construction concentration required (MS degree preferred).
- Professional engineering license preferred, preferably in the State of Rhode Island.
- Coursework or other knowledge of deep and shallow foundation design, earth retaining structures design, slope stability analysis or marine engineering is preferred.
- Strong communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Experience performing a broad range of civil/geotechnical field and construction observation tasks.
- Ability to perform and manage field tasks and activities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience in the southern New England regional state and/or cold weather climate is preferred.
GZA values diversity and is committed to providing an accepting and inclusive work environment for all employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. GZA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital or veteran status, age or other protected status.Department: Geotechnical
This is a full time position