Our Bay Area offices are hiring for an entry level engineer to work in our growing geotechnical practice. You will be responsible for support mid- and senior level engineers for projects throughout the Bay Area. You will be responsible for the following:
- Working with project teams on geotechnical engineering projects that involve field work, data evaluation and engineering analysis;
- Performing field tasks such as test boring logging, testing supervision and construction monitoring;
- Scoping and assisting in implementation of field programs;
- Observing and monitoring the execution of subsurface investigations and testing programs appropriate for design and construction of infrastructure projects including bridges, pavements, ports, water/wastewater and other geo-structures;
- Conducting technical analyses/calculations including liquefaction evaluation, static and seismic slope stability, settlement, and deep and shallow foundation bearing capacity;
- Preparing borehole logs, field reports, and assisting with the preparation of reports, plans and specifications.
Mott MacDonald provides innovative and cost-effective engineering solutions throughout North America for various sectors. The ideal entry level engineer for our geotechnics practice will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or equivalent, required;
- Master’s degree in geotechnical engineering preferred;
- 0-2 years of experience with a geotechnical concentration in both design and field operations;
- Field experience logging soil and rock as well as log preparation and construction inspection/oversight;
- Familiarity with geotechnical software such as: Plaxis, GeoStudio packages/Slide, Ensoft packages, DEEPSOIL, Flac
- Strong communication, problem solving and organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- EIT (preferred) or ability to obtain one within 6 months.
- Proven writing skills such as in papers or reports
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in all we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
We are an employee-owned global engineering, management and development consultant. Everywhere around the world, people’s needs, and aspirations are changing, fast. That brings increasing challenges. Our global network of 18,000 experts looks at problems from fresh angles and finds opportunities in complexity. We bring together diverse skills, experience and insight, to turn obstacles into sustainable solutions in the areas of Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation, and Water.
Mott MacDonald is the first company in its class to be independently certified carbon neutral, globally. We reduced our global carbon footprint by 45% per employee in the last five years and offset residual carbon emissions using a carefully selected peatland restoration program in Sumatra.
Hybrid working policy
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team, and personal commitments. We offer a hybrid working policy that embraces your well-being, flexibility, and trust.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or disability status.