DescriptionBy aligning individual passions with opportunities, Burns & McDonnell provides unbridled professional growth for the best talent in the industry. Burns & McDonnell is seeking a Senior Structural Engineer to take control of their career potential by leading a multi-discipline team to address the challenges of North America’s largest utilities. Opportunities may include but not limited to:
- Innovating project approach to optimize safety, schedule, and profitability.
- Training and mentoring less experienced engineers in their technical and professional development.
- Performing quality control reviews.
- Leading/Overseeing rigid bus analysis and the design of electrical substation steel structures, equipment foundations, structure foundations and secondary oil containment.
- Providing support for our clients during construction.
- Performing field inspections and compliance documentation.
- Leading a team of multi-discipline professionals to ensure project success.
- Presenting designs and proposals to clients, permitting authorities, public interest groups, etc.
- Corresponding and/or meeting with clients, contractors, and vendors.
- Leading project proposal efforts.
- Advancing into leadership roles.
- Bachelor of Science in civil engineering from an ABET accredited program and licensure as a Professional Engineering (PE). Licensure as a Structural Engineer (SE) in the state of Illinois strongly preferred.
- Seven (7) years of substation structural engineering experience, consulting preferred. Master of Science degree in structural engineering may be substituted for one (1) year experience.
- Ability to work methodically and analytically in a dynamic, quantitative problem-solving environment and demonstrated critical thinking skills.
- Strong knowledge in standard structural engineering techniques and principles.
- Knowledge in substation electrical physical design principles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Risa3D, STAAD, Mathcad).
EEO/Minorities/Females/Disabled/VeteransJob Civil EngineeringPrimary Location US-IL-ChicagoSchedule: FulltimeTravel: Yes, 5% of the time