What You Will Do:
What You Will Do Gannett Fleming is recognized as a national leader in transportation, providing a comprehensive range of services for major transportation systems and facilities – from planning, engineering, and design through construction management. The firm is consistently ranked among the country’s top engineering firms by Engineering News-Record. Furthermore, its highway and bridge projects are recognized time and again with both regional and national awards. Its key services include highway, bridge, traffic, transportation systems operations and ITS, incident/emergency management, toll facility, and tunnel design, as well as Design-Build delivery. Our Transportation Practice is currently seeking a Senior Roadway Engineer to work in one of our North Carolina offices (Raleigh, Charlotte, Asheville). This is an exciting time to join our team! Successful candidates will be a motivated self-starter individual that aspires to work in a team environment and to ultimately grow and mature into a future leadership role in project management. Responsibilities:
- Perform engineering design tasks for roadway projects from preliminary to final design
- Develop specifications, cost estimates, and prepare final bid packages
- Established working relationships and contact with client technical staff and project managers especially in NCDOT, local governments, and private clients
- Provide engineering design services for traditional design-bid-build projects and design-build highway projects
- Mentor and assist junior engineers in developing final design plans, including but not limited to implementation and knowledge of cross sections, traffic control, drainage, and signing and pavement markings plans
- Collaborate with transportation staff to develop transportation projects including but not limited to roadway, bridge, rail, transportation planning, traffic control, signing, pavement marking, knowledge of hydraulic design, and preliminary design for environmental documents.
- Coordinate design activities and meetings between design staff, subcontractors, and client managers
- Participate in project decisions regarding technical approaches, cost and scheduling performance
- Identify schedule and cost variances and develop and implement recommendations for corrective action
- Participate in project by completing tasks within schedule and budget with teams comprised of different disciplines
- Actively participate and serve in leadership position in transportation related organizations such as ASHE, ASCE, DBIA, etc.
Education | Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering required
- Professional Engineering (PE) License registered in North Carolina or the ability to obtain within 6 months is required
- 8-12 years’ progressive engineering experience possessing a broad knowledge and experience in transportation/design and strong technical skills in roadway design is required
- Experience working on NCDOT projects is required
- Full and in-depth familiarity with MicroStation and Geopak design software is required
- Experience with Corridor Modeler is desirable
- Project management skills such as, schedule management, financial management and effective written/verbal communications skills is a plus
At Gannett Fleming, we believe in improving the lives of the people we serve. We believe in innovation and social responsibility. We believe in the diversity of our team and the creative solutions they provide. We believe in embracing change and emerging technologies while maintaining an unmatched standard of quality. We believe in creating an environment where employees can thrive at home and at work. We believe in engaging our employees, building lasting relationships with our clients, and, in turn, making a difference in the world. We offer a comprehensive benefits program, which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, our tax-deferred 401 (K) savings plan, and the opportunity to incentive compensation for eligible positions. We are committed to your personal growth and professional development, so we offer tuition reimbursement, access to internal and external training programs and support active participation in professional organizations. Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans’ status or other characteristics protected by law. NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted. Location: North Carolina ; Raleigh ; Charlotte ; AshevilleCore Business Hours: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Employment Status: Full-Time Internal Requisition ID:2023-9675Salary Range: Salary dependent upon experience and geographic location#LI-hybrid#LI-TM1 Please be advised that Gannett Fleming may require you to attest to your vaccination status and provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination. Regulatory requirements remain fluid at this time and Gannett Fleming will abide by Covid-19 mandates impacting our business as well as meet the requirements of our clients. Valid religious and medical exemptions will be reviewed and considered in accordance with applicable law.