What You Will Do:
Gannett Fleming’s Geoprofessionals have the in-depth knowledge to excel on the most challenging geotechnical assignments. We provide innovative solutions for foundations, underground construction, earth structures, groundwater resources, dams, and building sites. Our geotechnical engineers and geologists specialize in earthen dam stability and seepage, landslides, sinkholes, mine subsidence, building and bridge structure foundations. We have completed more than 1,000 subsurface and geophysical projects across the U.S. – from small-scale projects to large, complex dams, highways, bridges, and landslide repairs. Our Geotechnical Practice is currently seeking an entry-level or junior level Geotechnical Engineer/Designer to join our team in Denver, CO. This individual will assist in planning and overseeing subsurface explorations and performing analyses for transportation, facilities, water resources and other types of projects. Position Highlights:
- Recognized industry leader: ENR top design firm
- Multi-Discipline Projects: We support a wide variety of business sectors including transportation, navigation, water resources, and site development
- Stability: We were established in 1915!
- Work-Life Balance: You will be able to work within our hybrid model and take advantage of our flextime policy
- Mentorship: Work alongside national engineering experts
- Culture of Learning: 100% tuition reimbursement and access to our comprehensive Learning Network
Responsibilities will include:
- Perform geotechnical calculations and designs for various projects and facilities including, but not limited to shallow and deep foundations, retaining structures, tieback anchors, soil nails, concrete and earth dam slope stability and seepage studies.
- Assist in the preparation of written reports and documentation, geotechnical correspondence, design and construction drawings and specifications.
- Assist in the planning of subsurface explorations and laboratory testing investigations.
- Execute subsurface investigations in support of geotechnical design and evaluation efforts including test boring inspection, site reconnaissance, and other means of data collection as required.
- Provide construction observation support during the construction phase of various projects.
Education | Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering is required; will consider December 2022 or May 2023 graduates
- 0-2 years of geotechnical experience with an emphasis in subsurface exploration and/or design and development of geotechnical deliverables including reports, drawings, and specifications
- E.I.T. preferred
At Gannett Fleming, we believe in improving the lives of the people we serve. We believe in innovation and social responsibility. We believe in the diversity of our team and the creative solutions they provide. We believe in embracing change and emerging technologies while maintaining an unmatched standard of quality. We believe in creating an environment where employees can thrive at home and at work. We believe in engaging our employees, building lasting relationships with our clients, and, in turn, making a difference in the world. We offer a comprehensive benefits program, which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, our tax-deferred 401 (K) savings plan, and the opportunity to incentive compensation for eligible positions. We are committed to your personal growth and professional development, so we offer tuition reimbursement, access to internal and external training programs and support active participation in professional organizations. Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans’ status or other characteristics protected by law. NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted. Location: Denver, COCore Business Hours: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Employment Status: Full-Time Internal Requisition ID: 2023-9681Salary Range: $59,700-$84,700; Salary dependent upon experience and geographic location#LI-hybrid#LI-DNP Please be advised that Gannett Fleming may require you to attest to your vaccination status and provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination. Regulatory requirements remain fluid at this time and Gannett Fleming will abide by Covid-19 mandates impacting our business as well as meet the requirements of our clients. Valid religious and medical exemptions will be reviewed and considered in accordance with applicable law.EXPLORE LOCATION