We’re Hiring!We are seeking a Civil Design Manager for our Mexico City office.About Knight PiésoldKnight Piésold is a specialized international consulting firm offering engineering and environmental services in Mining, Environment, Hydropower and Water Resources. We are proud of the longstanding relationships we have with our clients and delivery of exceptional services on a global scale. Why Join Knight Piésold?
- You will be joining a reputable, well established global consulting firm with nearly 100 years of industry experience.
- We believe in the One Team approach, with everyone working together toward achieving a shared goal. Our engineers develop their skills through working on diverse projects, our knowledge-sharing culture, career mentoring program and collaborating with top professionals in the industry.
- We offer unique opportunities to travel and see the world while you learn, with projects around the world to take you on a career enhancing experience and adventure.
The Role: The Civil Design Manager will lead and coordinate the preparation of engineering design documents including AutoCAD Civil 3D drawing packages, material quantity estimates, design reports and technical specifications. The Civil Design Manager will also lead and coordinate the preparation of proposals, including reviewing client information, assessing scope of work, procedures and requirements and developing the approach to be undertaken, budgeted, scheduled and implemented.The Civil Design Manager will communicate with other office leaders throughout the KP global group and help convey and facilitate the design requirements to the Mexico City civil design group. The Civil Design Manager will also be responsible for representing the Mexico City civil design group to KP management and maintaining workloads and facilitating career growth and training. An Ideal Candidate:
- B.S. and/or M.S. degree in Civil Engineering.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
- More than 10 years of work experience preferred in the mining consulting sector, with at least 3 years at a senior level including leading teams.
- Experience using (or coordinating) AutoCAD Civil 3D and other technical software.
- Leadership to direct clients, projects and staff towards successful outcomes and adaptability to respond quickly and efficiently to changes in projects.
- Effective written and interpersonal communication skills.
Work Environment:Knight Piesold’s Mexico office is in Polanco, Mexico City. You will work with a great team of local and expatriate engineers and this role involves frequent interaction with other offices throughout the world.International and domestic travel may be requested based on availability.