Location: San Ramon, CAApproximate Salary Range: $90,000 - $110,000Position Summary: As a Senior ENGEO Geotechnical Engineer with a specialty in Earthquake Engineering or a Senior Seismologist, we would love to see you come in and hit the ground running. While working with ENGEO’s team, you will work on a wide variety of challenging, world-renowned projects. You will be encouraged and supported to lead increasingly complex and seismically challenging projects."I have gotten amazing opportunities to push what I have learned and to learn from others. Each day I have gotten stronger as an engineer and as a person by the challenges presented to me." - Taylor Strack, Senior EngineerPrimary Responsibilities
- Work as part of the team to perform seismic analyses such as ergodic and non-ergodic seismic hazard, ground-response, and ground-motion development for projects in the Western United States, New Zealand, Southeast Asia, and the Pacific.
- Lead seismic development of design recommendations for design and construction of private and public projects.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with clients, subcontractors, government agencies, project managers (locally and in other regional offices), and peers.
- Will be assigned increasingly more complex tasks and projects
A Few Notable Projects
- Lucas Museum of Narrative Art, Los Angeles, CA
- Multiple Technology Campuses for Google, YouTube, and Facebook, Bay Area, CA
- Oceanwide Center, San Francisco, CA
- Metro Purple Line Extension, Los Angeles, CA
- Taranaki Base Hospital, New Plymouth, New Zealand
- Transmission Gully Highway, Wellington, New Zealand
- Kaikoura Earthquake rehabilitation of State Highway and Railway, South Island, New Zealand
Experience and Skills:
Our Ideal CandidateThorough knowledge of Earthquake Engineering; such as:
- Ground Motion Models
- Seismic Source Characterization
- Ergodic and Non-Ergodic Seismic Hazard Analysis
- Time-History Scaling and Matching
- Site-Response Analysis
- Working knowledge of the software program HAZ45, or equivalent program
- Coding capability in Python and/or Matlab
- Fundamental knowledge of Geotechnical Engineering or willingness and ability to learn is preferred.
All Candidate Criteria
- Education: M.S. degree in a relevant field, PhD is preferred.
- Proficiency in GIS experience is a plus.
- Robust writing and communicative skills
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic and diverse environment
- Have the ability to work and succeed as a team also while being resourceful when working alone