Are you passionate about geotechnical engineering and envision working on dynamic, technically challenging, and world-renowned projects? Do you have a passion for creative design, and the drive to take opportunities to manage projects and interact with clients? If so, apply!Location: Rocklin, CAApproximate Salary Range: $68,000 - $85,000Position Summary: Our Staff Engineers fully embrace ENGEO’s culture of continuous learning and can-do spirit. While working with ENGEO’s skilled geotechnical team, you will gain hands-on geotechnical experience on a wide variety of challenging projects. You will be encouraged and supported to grow personally and professionally through mentorships and other learning opportunities.“Working at ENGEO is like choosing your own adventure. With the wealth of technical knowledge and real-world experience that the ENGEO team provides, I can safely explore a myriad of projects that will help me grow as a young engineer and leader.” - Lydia Kelley, Staff EngineerPrimary Responsibilities
- Design earth-retaining structures, slope stabilization, remedial grading, landslide mitigation, and foundations.
- Development of plans and specifications, settlement analyses, liquefaction analyses, and seismic evaluations.
- Develop geotechnical recommendations for construction of private and public projects.
- Perform site-specific seismic hazard analysis and ground-response analysis
- Perform numerical modeling using finite-element and finite-difference methods as implemented in PLAXIS and FLAC.
- Support field activities including exploratory logging, observation of deep foundation construction, shoring, and other geotechnically based installations and observation of grading operations.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with clients, subcontractors, city agents, project managers (locally and in other regional offices) and internal support staff.
- Perform well-defined field, analytical, and project administrative responsibilities under close, regular direction from project management with encouragement to manage yourself and projects when you are ready.
- Learn increasingly more complex, non-routine tasks with review and oversight from project management.
A Few Notable Projects
- Lucas Museum of Narrative Art, Los Angeles, CA
- Multiple Technology Campuses for Google, YouTube, and Facebook, Bay Area, CA
- Oceanwide Center, San Francisco, CA
- Metro Purple Line Extension, Los Angeles, CA
- Taranaki Base Hospital, New Plymouth, New Zealand
- Transmission Gully Highway, Wellington, New Zealand
- Kaikoura Earthquake rehabilitation of State Highway and Railway, South Island, New Zealand
Experience and Skills:
Our Ideal Candidate
- 1-3 years-professional/relevant internship/field experience
- Sound knowledge of civil engineering fundamentals and soil mechanics
- A team player who enjoys problem-solving and fast-paced environments
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit and a positive attitude
- Desire to continually learn and grow
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Driven to go above and beyond in client service
All Candidate Criteria
- Education: M.S. degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering (required)
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Products. Numerical modeling, seismic hazard analysis, and GIS experience a plus
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic, and diverse environment
- Ability to work and succeed as a team also while being resourceful when working alone in the field