Now accepting applications for the summer of 2023!Openings for this internship spread out among our offices. Please specify which office you are looking to work out of:
San Ramon/ San Jose/ Oakland/ San Francisco/ Lathrop/ Rocklin/ Valencia/Irvine/ RenoApproximate Hourly Pay Range: $22 - $25An internship at ENGEO is more than just a summer job. ENGEO 360° is a comprehensive summer internship program designed for talented university students to explore many facets of a professional technical consulting career in a dynamic, empowering environment. We give our interns a perspective of geotechnical, geoenvironmental, hydrologic, and geologic engineering consulting. This office internship will expose the interns to three interrelated aspects of engineering: office, laboratory, and field experience.Internship Goals
- Provide a meaningful learning experience for talented students
- Experience a leading engineering consulting firm
- Make great contacts with a number of talented mentors
- Find out what makes ENGEO unique
- You will directly report to servant leader; will work with technical staff
- You will be asked to complete a goals and expectations sheet
- You will have weekly group check-ins with other interns
Laboratory - in one of our 4 Lab Locations - San Ramon, Lathrop, Rocklin or Valencia
- GOAL: Expand understanding of construction materials properties; increase familiarity with standard testing procedures.
- Work with ENGEO laboratory operations systems
- Assist with laboratory tests, including:
- Compaction curves
- Atterberg limits
Field (as scheduled TBD on availability)
- GOAL: Observe performance and natural state of earth materials; understand how designs are implemented in field; gain appreciation for large-scale construction projects.
- Attend Nuclear Gauge Training - onsite
- Perform basic tasks
- Well monitoring and observation, site visits and staking, sampling, courier samples
- Assist/"shadow" staff in more complex tasks
- Drilling, phase I ESAs, field mapping, fault trenching
- Goal: Put it together…Synthesize knowledge of construction materials on "micro" and "macro" scale into engineering analysis and design
- Depending on knowledge base, assist technical staff in a variety of roles
- Drafting, calculations, cross-sections, developing lab programs, boring logs, report preparation
- As appropriate, client engagements and meetings
Let's have fun!
- You are part of the family! - Events - picnics, barbecues, informal social outings
- Intern workshop and team event - in the corporate office
Experience and Skills:
Our Ideal Candidate
- Prefer senior standing majoring in civil engineering, strong interest in geotechnical, or ideally B.S. Civil students going into Masters Geotech, Environmental or Water Resources Programs
- If not a senior, it is required for students to have taken a soils introduction class
- Good academic standing - ideal GPA 3.5 or higher
- Access to a vehicle for the summer - field appropriate preferred
- Clean driving record
- Proof of vehicle insurance
- Valid Driver’s License
- Pass pre-employment exams - urine drug screen, back evaluation, basic physical
- Ability to manage oneself - looking to be lead in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
- Some who shares the ENGEO Vision, Mission and Core Values.
VISION - An inspired team that brings optimal solutions with astounding serviceMISION - Apply cutting edge technical expertise, empower people to achieve their potential, elevate our profession.CORE VALUES - Selfless commitment to success of others. serve beyond expectations, live with impeccable integrity, be your own boss, accountability and collaboration in all we do.