Project Geotechnical Engineer The ideal candidate will have a Master’s degree in Civil or Geological Engineering with emphasis in Geotechnical Engineering. Candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Geological Engineering and 2 or more years of relevant experience in geotechnical engineering will be considered. The ideal candidate will also have strong verbal and written skills, a working knowledge of AutoCAD and be skilled in using the MicroSoft Office Suite of software. This position will work directly with senior level staff to facilitate project completion, work with clients, and manage project tasks. The ideal person for this position will be interested in a variety of project types that integrate multiple disciplines within the civil engineering field. Responsibilities:
- Perform stability, settlement and seepage analyses for solid waste disposal facilities;
- Establish and coordinate field and laboratory investigations to characterize solid waste disposal facilities;
- Perform civil engineering design of solid waste disposal facilities including surface water design, leachate collection and pumping systems, and grading;
- Respond to client questions and needs;
- Oversee and prepare technical reports;
- Prepare proposals;
- Communicate effectively with clients, regulatory agencies, colleagues and managers
- Masters of Science in Civil Engineering with emphasis in Geotechnical engineering, OR equal work experience;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Civil 3D, MS Word and Excel;
- EIT or P.E. registration;
- Solid written and oral communication skills to include proposal writing and reporting;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly and willingness to take on diverse challenges;
- US Citizen or authorization to work in U.S.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel out of town.
From its inception in 1991, Weaver Consultants Group was built upon the tenets of attentive and responsive customer service, strong project management, and solid internal financial controls. The quality of our people, our focus on understanding and responding to our clients' needs, and our application of good business management practices have resulted in most new projects originating from our existing customer base. Weaver Consultants Group prides itself on our people - A talented group of engineers, scientists, support staff and administrators who are as dedicated to client service as they are to their professional and technical disciplines. If you are a motivated and committed individual, please apply to join our growing team! EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/DisabilityWeaver Consultants Group maintains a drug free workplace.