Geotechnical Project Manager
At Haley & Aldrich, we pride ourselves on our small-company culture, with big-company opportunities. Our staff appreciate that project diversity and flexible environment. Are you looking to take your career to the next level? Bring your expertise, industry knowledge, and leadership to Haley & Aldrich – we’ll give you the flexibility and support to chart your own career path and explore the areas you’re passionate about. We are seeking an experienced Senior Geotechnical Engineer/Project Managers to serve our Hart Crowser business unit and projects in the clients. These positions can be based out of our Seattle, WA, Tacoma, WA, and/or Portland, OR office locations. We look for professionals with a passion for solving even the most complex client problems. This problem-solving ability and opportunity to be a change agent is a vital part of the culture, no matter what level or role a staff member holds.DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will:
- Serve as a key member of the "core" geotechnical team to provide long-term strategic thinking for a highly integrated, collaborative, and mutually motivated client/consultant team on challenging high-profile projects in the Seattle area – a mix of transportation, Navy, ports, and private development projects. Seismic knowledge helpful but do not need to be an expert.
- Work collaboratively with a passionate team supporting a wide variety of clients with numerous challenging projects.
- Understand client needs and be able to develop strong client relationships.
- Be capable of managing financial and technical aspects of projects.
- Execute projects to meet technical, quality, budgetary and scheduling requirements.
- Demonstrate very strong verbal communications and written skills including client deliverables.
- Be effective in assigning and managing work.
- Demonstrate strong coaching and mentoring skills to more junior level staff.
- Possess skills in quality control, planning, cost estimating, and scheduling.
- Direct geotechnical field observation and testing programs.
- Be able to effectively prepare recommendations for various foundation systems, including driven piles, drilled piers, mat foundations, micro-piles, and spread footings
- Have advanced knowledge of the West Coat seismic landscape and proven skills of developing hazard mitigation measures required.
- Have experience specific to mid-and high-rise buildings; deep excavations, shoring and underpinning, mass grading, dewatering, and ground improvements techniques.
- Develop a working understanding of H&A’s other consulting practice areas and actively support marketing other, additional services to existing clients.
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or Geology with specific coursework in geotechnical engineering or engineering geology; Master’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering or Geology strongly preferred.
- Must be licensed as a Professional Engineer, Geotechnical Engineer preferred or Certified Engineering Geologist.
- 8-10 years of relevant site investigation, geotechnical analysis, and geotechnical engineering construction support experience, including professional services consulting experience
- Minimum 1 – 2 years of cradle to grave Project Management
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient at writing, review, and editing technical reports to meet scope and quality objectives and client expectations.
- Ability to comply with the Guiding Principles and Code of Behavior articulated in our Company
About Haley & AldrichHaley & Aldrich, Inc. is committed to delivering the value our clients need from their capital, operations, and environmental projects. Our one-team approach allows us to draw from our 800 engineers, scientists, and constructors in 35 offices for creative collaboration and expert perspectives. Since our founding in 1957, we have had one goal in all we do: deliver long-term value efficiently, no matter how straightforward or complex the challenge. Visit haleyaldrich.com.Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status. We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package that includes; health, dental, vision; Short-Term/Long-Term Disability; 401(k) with match; generous vacation plan and paid time off; tuition reimbursement; long-term care, and more. Interested candidates should apply online on our Careers page.In accordance with Washington Equal Pay Transparency laws, the salary range for this role in WA is $100,000 - $110,000.#LI-JL1