Entry Level Geotechnical Engineer/Seismic Hazard Specialist (PhD)
At Haley & Aldrich, we pride ourselves on our small-company culture, with big-company opportunities. Our staff appreciate that project diversity and flexible environment. Are you looking to take your career to the next level? Bring your expertise, industry knowledge, and leadership to Haley & Aldrich – we’ll give you the flexibility and support to chart your own career path and explore the areas you’re passionate about. Join our team, as a Seismologist/Geotechnical Engineer who is an Entry Level Seismic Hazard specialist at Haley & Aldrich in Seattle, Washington. As a seismic hazard specialist, you will bring your expertise and unique solutions to highly visible and challenging projects. The ideal candidate is someone with extensive knowledge of the NGA-West, NGA-East, and NGA-Subduction projects who will continue both internal and external research and participate in the publication process. The position will include working collaboratively with our advance analytics teams to implement custom internals tools, support our engineers in bringing research to practice, and mentor technical staff.DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will:
- Write reports documenting our seismic studies.
- Support seismic studies and interact with external peer reviewers.
- Work with peer technical staff on sharing knowledge.
- Perform deterministic and probabilistic seismic hazard analyses.
- Perform site response analyses.
- Provide traditional geotechnical engineering analysis and construction support for projects including shallow and deep foundations, ground improvement systems, and deep excavation shoring systems.
- Stay current in the industry by attending technical conferences/seminars and collaborating with others inside and outside of Haley & Aldrich.
- PhD degree in geotechnical engineering, geophysics, or seismology (required)
- 0- to 2-years of related professional or post-graduate experience with increasing responsibility
- Experience working with ground motion models and seismic source models
- Excellent understanding of soil mechanics and dynamics
- A team attitude and the ability to interact well with co-workers, other consultants, public agency staff, peer reviewers, and clients
- Coding experience in multiple programing languages
- Working knowledge of HAZ45 or similar
- Ergodic and non-ergodic seismic hazard analysis
- Continued involvement with research and development of seismic hazard analyses
About Haley & AldrichHaley & Aldrich, Inc. is committed to delivering the value our clients need from their capital, operations, and environmental projects. Our one-team approach allows us to draw from our 800 engineers, scientists, and constructors in 35 offices for creative collaboration and expert perspectives. Since our founding in 1957, we have had one goal in all we do: deliver long-term value efficiently, no matter how straightforward or complex the challenge. Visit haleyaldrich.com.Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status. We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package that includes; health, dental, vision; Short-Term/Long-Term Disability; 401(k) with match; generous vacation plan and paid time off; tuition reimbursement; long-term care, and more. Interested candidates should apply online on our Careers page.In accordance with Washington Equal Pay Transparency laws, the salary range for this role in WA is $80,000 - $92,000.