Geotechnical Project Engineer
At Haley & Aldrich, we pride ourselves on our small-company culture, with big-company opportunities. Our staff appreciate that project diversity and flexible environment. Are you looking to take your career to the next level? Bring your expertise, industry knowledge, and leadership to Haley & Aldrich – we’ll give you the flexibility and support to chart your own career path and explore the areas you’re passionate about. We are looking to add new geotechnical talent to our growing team! We are currently seeking a Geotechnical Project Engineer to work in a technical support role with highly skilled professionals on diverse project teams in a dynamic environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing group and company and get involved in a variety of projects for a diverse range of clients. This is a full-time position located in either one of our Bay Area Offices (Walnut Creek, San Jose, or Oakland)DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will:
- Work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Work with and support Project Managers on all aspects the project to address client goals and objectives.
- Understand client needs and be able to develop strong client relationships.
- Assist with the development of technical scopes of work and cost estimating for proposal efforts on small-to-medium sized project opportunities.
- Be capable of managing financial and technical aspects of project tasks.
- Demonstrate very strong verbal communications and written skills including client deliverables.
- Assist in project execution to meet technical, quality, budgetary and scheduling requirements.
- Plan and direct geotechnical field observation and testing programs.
- Prepare recommendations for various foundation systems, including driven piles, drilled piers, mat foundations, micro-piles, and spread footings.
- Prepare design parameter recommendations for temporary shoring and permanent basement walls.
- Evaluate seismic hazards including liquefaction.
- Bachelor of Science in civil engineering or related field.
- Master's degree in civil/geotechnical engineering is REQUIRED
- Professional registration (CA PE) REQUIRED
- OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER strongly preferred
- Minimum 5 - 7 years of professional services consulting experience that includes site investigation, laboratory testing, geotechnical analysis, and geotechnical engineering construction support experience, including professional services consulting experience.
- Experience in directing geotechnical field observation and testing programs
- Experience with preparing recommendations for various foundation systems, including driven piles, drilled piers, mat foundations, micro-piles, and spread footings, evaluating seismic hazards including liquefaction
- Basic skills in quality control, planning, cost estimating, and scheduling
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be proficient at writing technical reports to meet scope and quality objectives and client expectations
- Strong computer literacy skills including proficiency in industry standard software
- Strong organization skills and exceptional attention to detail is expected
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, flexibility, and willingness to see projects through to completion are a must
About Haley & AldrichHaley & Aldrich, Inc. is committed to delivering the value our clients need from their capital, operations, and environmental projects. Our one-team approach allows us to draw from our 800 engineers, scientists, and constructors in 35 offices for creative collaboration and expert perspectives. Since our founding in 1957, we have had one goal in all we do: deliver long-term value efficiently, no matter how straightforward or complex the challenge. Visit haleyaldrich.com. Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status. We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package that includes; health, dental, vision; Short-Term/Long-Term Disability; 401(k) with match; generous vacation plan and paid time off; tuition reimbursement; long-term care, and more. Interested candidates should apply online on our Careers page.In accordance with California Equal Pay Transparency laws, the salary range for this role in CA is $100,000 - $110,000.#LI-JL1