Senior Geochemical Scientist
At Haley & Aldrich, we pride ourselves on our small-company culture, with big-company opportunities. Our staff appreciate that project diversity and flexible environment. Are you looking to take your career to the next level? Bring your expertise, industry knowledge, and leadership to Haley & Aldrich – we’ll give you the flexibility and support to chart your own career path and explore the areas you’re passionate about.We are currently seeking an Senior Geochemical Scientist (seller doer) for our emerging geochemical team to strategically grow and support our national practice. The ideal candidate brings significant consulting experience and client relationships to provide leadership, strategic direction, and innovative technical support to increase our client base across multiple market sectors. We look for creative professionals to work on complex projects with collaborative, multidisciplinary project teams.The successful candidate will be a self-motivated problem solver capable of working with minimal direction to solve problems and direct the creation of technically accurate deliverables to meet client needs. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing team, while advancing your career with a leading national engineering and consulting firmDUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will:
- Personally engage in developing and executing strategic consulting work with identified existing and target clients totaling at least $750,000 in net revenue annually.
- Actively participate in at least two professional organizations focused on the market area and/or issues faced by our clients.
- Have a passion and demonstrated success for developing business with new clients and continuing to foster trusted relationships with existing clients.
- Develop annual client action plans, estimate client revenue and profits to support strategy deployment, and lead pursuits with project team members.
- Develop and implement business strategies to meet stated business metric goals in cooperation with senior management.
- Prepare proposals and obtain mutually agreeable contracts.
- Direct and execute geochemical consulting projects, acting as the main client contact and technical lead for any work obtained.
- Oversee the safe execution of all phases of a project to meet the client’s objectives, as well as company goals for revenue generation and profitability.
- Demonstrate strong technical competence in the services required by the client.
- Mentor staff through a “learn-by-doing” model.
- Work cooperatively in a team-based environment.
- Master’s degree in chemistry, geochemistry or other geological sciences.
- 15-20 years of experience in strategic geochemical consulting in intermountain area market.
- A minimum of 3 years in a project management role.
- Project experience and established relationships mining, utility, and/or industrial clients and strategic business partners (e.g. law firms) in the greater intermountain area.
- Strong understanding of regulations along with a solid reputation for effective client advocacy with of federal, state and local regulators.
- Demonstrated track record of selling at least $750,000 in annual net revenue for consulting work.
- Strong track record of recruiting and mentoring staff in support of business growth and service delivery.
- Ability to work successfully in a single profit center, team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient at writing, reviewing, and editing technical reports to meet scope and quality objectives, and client expectations.
- Some travel for business development and collaboration across offices may be required.
About Haley & AldrichHaley & Aldrich, Inc. is committed to delivering the value our clients need from their capital, operations, and environmental projects. Our one-team approach allows us to draw from our 800 engineers, scientists, and constructors in 35 offices for creative collaboration and expert perspectives. Since our founding in 1957, we have had one goal in all we do: deliver long-term value efficiently, no matter how straightforward or complex the challenge. Visit haleyaldrich.com.
Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status. We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package that includes health, dental, vision; Short-Term/Long-Term Disability; 401(k) with match; generous vacation plan and paid time off; tuition reimbursement; long-term care, and more. Interested candidates should apply online on our Careers page.In accordance with Washington and Colorado Equal Pay Transparency laws, the base salary range for this role in WA and CO is $120,000 - $180,000.#LI-JL1