Since 1955, Nicholson Construction Company has been setting the industry standard for performance and technical innovation in geotechnical construction. We have built our reputation by performing the highest quality work and providing the most innovative solutions on the widest range of demanding and high profile projects. Nicholson is part of a global network of unparalleled geotechnical resources and expertise, specializing in deep foundations, earth retention, ground treatment and ground improvement. Summary:
- Day to day management of all onsite construction activities on a given project in accordance with the contract requirements and work plan. Must be willing to travel across the US.
- Ensures that all Nicholson and OSHA safety regulations are met and enforced; bottom line responsibility for safety on site.
- Develops JSA’s, holds safety meetings and provides safety training as needed.
- Implements the construction plan and follows the budget developed by the project team.
- Overall supervision of local craft labor.
- Schedules and maintains owned and rental equipment.
- Orders and schedules delivery of materials and consumables.
- Ensures that all required quality control checks are performed (including inspections).
- Supervises and mentors the Field Engineer(s) on site.
- Reviews and/or prepares all required on-site documentation.
- Attends on site meetings and coordinates site activities with the client as required.
- Ensures that the project is built to the shop drawings and specifications at the level of quality required and in accordance with the Nicholson Quality Control Manual.
- Identifies and documents additional work falling outside contract requirements.
- Prepares short term schedules and goals for the project.
Education & Training:
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED along with 2-5 years of geotechnical construction experience,
- OSHA 30-hour Training Certification
- Should have previous experience with various geotechnical techniques, including diaphragm walls, slurry wall cutoffs and secant piling.
- Proven ability to run a work crew.
- Able to concentrate at a high degree in a busy and noisy construction environment.
- Must have computer and written skills.
- Lift, carry, pull and push at least 40 pounds.
- Position is primarily jobsite based and extensive travel is required.
- Converse effectively using both verbal and written communication.
- Make decisions and assume accountability.
- Concentrate on tasks – good attention to detail.
- Manage stress and emotions as related to the workplace-identify and resolve conflict.
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Safe Harbor Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation
- Personal days
- Sick days
Please be advised that all interested candidates are REQUIRED to attach a copy of your resume in order to be considered.Please be advised that all interested candidates are REQUIRED to attach a copy of your resume in order to be considered.In an effort to foster a diverse workforce Nicholson Construction encourages applications from minorities, veterans, women and individuals with disabilities. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability