Summer Intern/Landfill Construction Quality Assurance TechnicianWeaver Consultants Group is looking for Summer Interns to complete landfill construction quality assurance work at key client sites across the country. In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn first-hand the following important skills. This position will include field work, travel and overnight stays including weekends will be required. The ideal person for this position seeks a fast paced, challenging environment, a place to grow and improve skills, and a collaborative environment that is conducive to the development of their personal skills. Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and documentation of construction activities at solid waste landfill facilities including field inspection and testing of soils and geosynthetic liners. On-site job training will be provided, as necessary.
- Documenting compliance with applicable project specifications and construction drawings.
- Managing, reviewing, and organization of daily project data.
- Preparation of final certification reports.
- Assisting with landfill design activities including preparation of construction drawings, project documents/specifications, and quantity calculations.
- This is primarily a field position that requires out of town assignments that include working 6-7 days per week. This includes having to stay in hotels for extended periods. All travel expenses are covered for out of town assignment.
- This position requires a valid driver’s license, passing a motor vehicle review (MVR), and passing a drug screening.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Geological, or Environmental Engineering or Construction Management
- Good communication, writing, and organization skills.
- Computer skills (Microsoft office required, AutoCAD desired).
- Willingness to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds required
- Soils mechanics class with laboratory desired.
- Flexible schedule and ability to travel out-of-town for extended periods.
- Valid driver’s license required
- Weaver Consultants Group maintains a drug-free workplace.
From its inception in 1991, Weaver Consultants Group has been founded upon the tenets of attentive and responsive customer service, strong project management, and solid internal financial controls. The quality of our people, our focus on understanding and responding to our clients' needs, and our application of good business management practices have resulted in most new projects originating from our existing customer base. Over the years, our professionals have faced the challenges of a constantly changing industry. Shifting federal and state regulations, cultural trends, and technical innovations have vastly impacted the way businesses work. Throughout it all, our team has remained dedicated to our clients, helping to identify pragmatic solutions to help them achieve their business objectives. Weaver Consultants Group prides itself on our people - A talented group of engineers, scientists, support staff and administrators who are as dedicated to client service as they are to their professional or technical discipline. If you are a motivated and committed individual, please apply to join our growing team! EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/DisabilityWeaver Consultants Group maintains a drug-free workplace.