WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.We have over 55,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 9,800+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
MARKHAMWe are a global leader in the Earth and Environment sector. Globally headquartered in Montreal, where it all began, we proudly serve communities from coast to coast and beyond. We have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change. As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from marine biologists to geophysicists to geotechnical engineers and more.
WSP has a new opportunity for an Experienced Geotechnical Field Technician on a permanent basis within the Ontario operation, at our Markham location. This opportunity will allow you to develop your technical skills in the field with like-minded professionals in a leading global professional consulting firm.Why WSP?
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAre WSP
A day in the life:
- You will be providing technical services in a field and office environment.
- You will be providing technical assistance in materials-related projects and tasks, including carrying out field and laboratory testing of various materials on construction sites, in-situ density testing and testing of concrete and asphalt materials, subgrade and foundation inspection.
- Troubleshooting on complex sites.
- You’ll perform construction site reconnaissance, inspections, and observations.
- You will be carrying out fieldwork, directing fieldwork operations for subsurface investigations including layout, supervising drill rigs and/or excavators, logging boreholes and test pits, site surveying to determine elevations at specific locations, sampling soil and groundwater, and preparing detailed site sketches.
- You’ll use specialized equipment and apparatus to prepare analyses, reports, and/or technical drawings.
- You will be summarizing and analyzing findings from investigations and lab testing for report writing, and,
- You will be working with and providing support to other members of the group in assisting with other field and office activities as required.
- It is expected that you can carry up to 50 pounds during the inspections and testing procedures in the field and lab.
What you’ll bring to WSP:
- College Diploma in a Civil Engineering Technician / Technology or Construction Engineering Technician / Technology diploma program, CET, ASCT designation or equivalent preferably with a focus on Geotechnical Engineering.
- 4 - 6 Years of experience working as a geotechnical technician.
- Must own a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage and hold a valid driver’s license.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of drilling procedures is an asset.
- In addition, to be successful at WSP you will be able to demonstrate the following success attributes: an ownership attitude, initiative, enthusiasm, a desire to continually learn and grow, detail and quality focus, good judgment, a good work ethic, adaptability, and good communication skills.
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment. You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.WSP Canada Inc. Markham, ON